New HD Channels Expected Today

TCM HD Picture Quality

Nice to see all the new HD channels up. They all look pretty good except....

TCM HD picture quality is blurry and the white level is blooming, it is a worse picture than TCM SD.

Sent a note to Dish Tech. and they said check my connections and make sure my menu selection was on HD. Guess they don't understand that all the other HD is fine, just TCM HD is poor. Maybe my cable between the receiver and the TV is selective and only lowers the signal quality for one channel. Ha Ha

Anyone else notice the poor quality of TCM HD?

BobC

Nice to see all the new HD channels up. They all look pretty good except....

TCM HD picture quality is blurry and the white level is blooming, it is a worse picture than TCM SD.

Sent a note to Dish Tech. and they said check my connections and make sure my menu selection was on HD. Guess they don't understand that all the other HD is fine, just TCM HD is poor. Maybe my cable between the receiver and the TV is selective and only lowers the signal quality for one channel. Ha Ha

Anyone else notice the poor quality of TCM HD?

BobC

From wiki. Not the most reliable source but here's the quote:

TCM HD

In June 2009, Turner Classic Movies launched a high definition version of the channel, showing the same programming as its standard-definition channel. Initial programming was not in native high definition and was instead upconverted from standard definition, but benefitted from the greater bandwidth allocated to the channel. Programs available on the high definition feed are broadcast in upconverted 1080i.

Hey guys, does a check switch normally make the new channels show up? I'm an Absolute HD subscriber, so I'm not sure if I'll get any of the new channels, but right now they don't even show up in the guide (All Chan). Thanks

found the channels, up in the 9000's. I get epix and shorts, no others. Really wanted G4, miss my Ninja Warrior!

Last edited:
I made a post but wasnt specific enough...I already have a dish account...they are just replacing my current setup with an ea setup...anything I need to tell the installer

110/118/119/61.5 already have 622 and 211 recievers charlotte locals

I made a post but wasnt specific enough...I already have a dish account...they are just replacing my current setup with an ea setup...anything I need to tell the installer

110/118/119/61.5 already have 622 and 211 recievers charlotte locals

why did you have 118? Unless your charlotte locals are on 61.5 they should only need to swing that wing down around and lower it to hit 129. Hell you could that yourself..just drop the elevation down to 23degree's from 42 and turn it to it looks like its pointing slightly to the right of the other dishs pointing direction.

dats it

Hey guys, does a check switch normally make the new channels show up? I'm an Absolute HD subscriber, so I'm not sure if I'll get any of the new channels, but right now they don't even show up in the guide (All Chan). Thanks

found the channels, up in the 9000's. I get epix and shorts, no others. Really wanted G4, miss my Ninja Warrior!

Th...th...that's all folks. In other words that's all we get in absolute.

I have an VIP722 aimed at 119 110 and 61.5 and I don't see any new HD channels.
I have HD & Platinum and America's Everything pak. I guess my question is: Is it possible that I'm not pointed at the right satellites?

You are correct, you do not have the right satellites to get the new channels. I have the same setup. You need either 72.7 or 129 to get the new ones. I placed a call to dish the other day and added the service plan so that I won't have to pay the $95 for a tech visit. I will be calling again in the next week or so and get them to come out to change my dish arrangement to EA. In my neighborhood we have a lot of trees and I have no LOS to 129 so the eastern arc is going to be my only option for the new HD.

You didn't have to add the service plan, plenty of us here got the upgrade for free, the way it should be. Some used the ceo@echostar email addy, others received a letter informing them they were to be upgraded due to the channels being put on the Eastern or Western arc. Others used Facebook or Twitter and complained in the open about paying for channels that they couldn't get. There are many ways to get it done for free, the way it should be. Why should we pay to receive the channels we pay for when they put them where we can't get them?

I agree that it should be done for free. I have also read about the people that got charged the $95 for something that they should have gotten for free, and also the people that have been fighting(and are still fighting) to be switched over for free. I just didn't want to deal with fighting them for it, it was cheaper to add the service plan for a couple of months and pay the $15 for a visit. I guess I just took the path of least resistance.

Only a few new HD showing up

Why am I only getting a couple of the new HD feeds. I subscribe to America's Everything. But I don't get BBC HD, G4 HD and AMC HD among a few others. I am getting HistI HD and NATG HD. And thoughts?

Why am I only getting a couple of the new HD feeds. I subscribe to America's Everything. But I don't get BBC HD, G4 HD and AMC HD among a few others. I am getting HistI HD and NATG HD. And thoughts?

Well, you're not going to get AMC-HD regardless. Are you sure you're getting HistIntHD (I apologize in advance, I don't mean to offend you, just trying to figure this out)?

Well, with the caveat that I'm really not a tech person I can think of three things:

1. Dish needs to "hit" your box;
  2. The missing channels might be on certain transponders and you have a switch malfunction;
  3. For whatever reason Dish thinks you have a package that's not supposed to get those channels.

Good luck; at least you don't need to point to different satellites.

Do you have the Platinum or Gold + Platinum package? I believe the ones you are missing were put in the Platinum package.

I have gold HD added. According to dish's online tech "expert" I need to be pointed at 77 and 71 too in order to get the channels...is that really correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts