Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
MTV HD 710
VH 1 HD 717
CMT HD 721
Nick HD 752
Spike HD 554
Comedy Central HD 690

All six channels will be added in all FiOS service areas by the end of the month.

Source ? What VHO's first ?
Verizon employees and select others were authorized to disclose this information on June 1st. I know this because I have access to a private forum on Verizon.com.

The information was previously disclosed here on a public forum by another individual with this access.

The channels should launch on all VHOs within a 24-period. Unlike some previous channel launches, Verizon decided to wait until all were ready. At this time, there is no specific date that I can post, but expect the new channels towards the end of the month.

The channels should launch on all VHOs within a 24-period. Unlike some previous channel launches, Verizon decided to wait until all were ready. At this time, there is no specific date that I can post, but expect the new channels towards the end of the month.
Soon after that was posted, I was given more specific information.

All channels will launch at the same time in a given market. They will be added in some service areas on June 24-26 and in the remaining service areas on June 29-30. All FiOS service areas should have these channels by July 1.

Verizon FiOS also plans to introduce new Internet tiers. Customers can call to order/upgrade to these new tiers on June 22. I was asked not to disclose the specifics until June 20, but I will say this: you will will love the changes!

All channels will launch at the same time in a given market. They will be added in some service areas on June 24-26 and in the remaining service areas on June 29-30. All FiOS service areas should have these channels by July 1.

Verizon FiOS also plans to introduce new Internet tiers. Customers can call to order/upgrade to these new tiers on June 22. I was asked not to disclose the specifics until June 20, but I will say this: you will will love the changes!

Any word on the November 2008 announced Crime and Investigation HD that was listed as "coming soon" or has that been forgotten? As you may well know the channel exists and I had it a year ago on my DirecTV but got rid of that HD extra package when I got FIOS last fall. So it isn't as if they are waiting on A&E for Crime and Investigation HD to go live. Also, we get the SD channel, so where is the HD version?

One last thing... I can live without it but it is annoying that the only HD premium channel we are missing is Starz west HD. Will we be getting it and the expanded HD On Demand offerings from Starz?

I hope that WA/OR and the other areas being sold to Frontier are included.

Verizon is a few days ahead of schedule.

The channels should launch today in PA and/or OR/WA.

They are working here in FL as of Tuesday morning with no guide info.... The guide says WLTA for the channel for all of them but all feeds are working. No biggie to me since I get all these channels on DirecTV already but I thought maybe they would take this opportunity to add Crime and Investigation HD finally (That one I don't have with DirecTV since it is in a higher package. )

They came on in Richmond about an Hr ago. Surprise Surprise MTV has an HD show on.

Actually.... that is a major surprise when it comes to MTV HD. I don't think anybody said they had none at all, we just said it was very little. But I'm sure with more providers like FIOS picking it up the placeholder will become an actual HD channel 24/7 as time goes forward.

VH1 is showing more now too.

The HD MTVNs showed-up today on Long Island

And all the MTV "HD" Networks have complete guide information for the next week. Kinda makes Palladia, the Hi-Def place for MTV-VH1-CMT programs, a waste of bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts