New HD channels in testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hopefully soon, directv recently added 9 HD cinema channels(PPV), so that is a good sign as they usually replace remove HD cinema channels when they add new channels
It's a sign?

There are still a lot needed to get added in high definition.

Nick Jr. in HD? (That has been suggested.) Well, school is letting out for summer. Perhaps there should be high def additions of all the channels for children.

More to come?

Not that I don't think they should add HD channels whenever possible, but do KIDS, really need their shows in HD ?
First, Kids don't care or know anything about HD.
2nd, most Kids shows, animated anyways already look like they jump off the screen.

Incorrect, it's not live yet. The DirecTV iOS app indicates it will begin on Monday, June 1 at 6am ET....

According to the app you are correct, my apologies, I could have swore it was live last night but I may have seen 299 I suppose. Will double check when I get home but I am sure your right as they seem to always launch at 06:00 ET

And who was correct AGAIN. Yet the other site keeps making it sound like I don't know what I am talking about and have no contacts at DIRECTV.

I have said it before but will say it again, I am not a DISH guy, I am not a DIRECTV guy... I am a SatelliteGuy!
Your sources were definitely 100% correct.
Hopefully more will follow.

I wonder if El Rey Network will be added this year in HD. I watch Lucha Underground on that channel and it's available in HD on VOD on ch 1341. I would think channels that are SD on DIRECTV but have programs on VOD in HD would be added soon in HD.

Besides El Rey Network, what other channels that DIRECTV has only in SD have shows available in HD on VOD channels?

It was on for a little while last night I seen it to and it went off at midnight Central Time

This is correct. There was some work happening last night that could have dropped the engineering bit for a bit! :D :) Usually this stuff happens at night when maintenance is performed.

And who was correct AGAIN. Yet the other site keeps making it sound like I don't know what I am talking about and have no contacts at DIRECTV.

I have said it before but will say it again, I am not a DISH guy, I am not a DIRECTV guy... I am a SatelliteGuy!

These guys are very bitter and it shows and IS being noticed at Directv. Satelliteguys is actually becoming the preferred site to go to for DirecTV due to the consistent crying happening over at that site. It really detracts from what DirecTV wants the customer experience to be and people are not getting that experience when you have members generating a lot of FUD about a site (Satelliteguys) that is doing it right. That's all I can say. :) BTW this is a good thing for Satelliteguys! I am amazed at how much FUD they are creating over there because this site is having real discussions about what DirecTV is doing as well as keeping everyone informed about some exciting new products and services coming up. I am super excited to see Scott have more info from Directv as DirecTV has always been a world class provider. I think many will like where DirecTV is going once they get past the ATT brand name. I don't see that world class video experience changing any time soon! :)

Reactions: Jimbo
I had a DirecTV sales call right at dinner time about two weeks ago. They tried to sell me an $8 upgrade package that included things like El Rey, Sprout, Cloo, Chiller, Boomerang, Esquire and I think a few others (some sports stations). I said no way, none of those are even in HD and I don't watch or care about those sports stations. Call me when they are all in HD.

So the best thing DirecTV could do to make that package more valuable is to launch some of those channels I mentioned in that package in HD.

This is correct. There was some work happening last night that could have dropped the engineering bit for a bit! :D :) Usually this stuff happens at night when maintenance is performed.

These guys are very bitter and it shows and IS being noticed at Directv. Satelliteguys is actually becoming the preferred site to go to for DirecTV due to the consistent crying happening over at that site. It really detracts from what DirecTV wants the customer experience to be and people are not getting that experience when you have members generating a lot of FUD about a site (Satelliteguys) that is doing it right. That's all I can say. :) BTW this is a good thing for Satelliteguys! I am amazed at how much FUD they are creating over there because this site is having real discussions about what DirecTV is doing as well as keeping everyone informed about some exciting new products and services coming up. I am super excited to see Scott have more info from Directv as DirecTV has always been a world class provider. I think many will like where DirecTV is going once they get past the ATT brand name. I don't see that world class video experience changing any time soon! :)

I'm not a fan of AT&T's CEO Randall L. Stephenson. I won't explain why. But, I can see why there is a feeling of discomfort over the two companies becoming one.

I think they are Jealous ... :D

They thought they were the ONLY ones that D* talked too .... they were WRONG !

Reactions: whitewolf8214

I too should be using that sig line ...

My thoughts and views on this forum are mine and do not reflect the thoughts and views of my current employer.

I wonder if El Rey Network will be added this year in HD. I watch Lucha Underground on that channel and it's available in HD on VOD on ch 1341. I would think channels that are SD on DIRECTV but have programs on VOD in HD would be added soon in HD.

Besides El Rey Network, what other channels that DIRECTV has only in SD have shows available in HD on VOD channels?
Having HD VOD is a very good sign, to me that would indicate they most likely have an HD broadcasting agreement, of course I could be wrong. Hopefully more HD will go in testing soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)