New HD channels in testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You have to wait for D15 first... Most likely any new channels we see wont happen until after ATT takes over. That isnt expected until some time in June. I would think we would see new channels launch in July / Aug time frame but this is only speculation.

You have to wait for D15 first... Most likely any new channels we see wont happen until after ATT takes over. That isnt expected until some time in June. I would think we would see new channels launch in July / Aug time frame but this is only speculation.

Are people believing that is likely to happen?

K9SAT and Jimbo,

That's fine. I had previously thought the same outcome would happen between the pairs of MSOs — Comcast and Time Warner Cable; AT&T and DirecTV — but the situation is not exactly comparable with a satellite company (DirecTV) making up a part of one pair.

I mentioned, on a different thread, that I have been sensing that DirecTV and Dish Network have been wanting out of the business for a while. If AT&T and DirecTV get approved, I suppose Dish Network (and which company would be willing to buy Dish Network) would be coming up.

Even if the merger goes through, wouldn't it take YEARS for their technology to align for there to be any impact what so ever? I mean first things first is all the backend stuff. Branding / Marketing / HR / facilities / Active Directory and networking / distribution sites / software / hardware / etc...

Even if the merger goes through, wouldn't it take YEARS for their technology to align for there to be any impact what so ever? I mean first things first is all the backend stuff. Branding / Marketing / HR / facilities / Active Directory and networking / distribution sites / software / hardware / etc...
I keep telling people that nothing is gonna change right away.

Fox Deportes HD is up and testing on D12.

Thank you for letting us know, bluegras!

I hope that is the beginning of a new run of individual channels that would get added in HD.

Well Fox Deportes(Sports) is a sports channel just in spanish, I assumed they wanted it with the other sport and spanish channels
Fair enough. I just wish they would include it in the sports pack if they were going to stick it in the 600's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)