New HD channels in testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ah ok. I have the Preferred Choice package. It was working for me for the past week or two but they suddenly took it off yesterday. Maybe it was like a free trial or something.

Reactions: Stephen Henson
New channel in test

Posted by "doctor j"

On D10 TPN 13
Ch 9800 4K Linear Test Channel

I noted that BBC World is testing CC by converting from European subtitle system. It's little weard the way they text it. Right now it's only on taped programings. No sign of Teletext "E-newpaper" yet!:hungry

Does anyone know if there are any more HD channels planned?
If anyone knows, they wouldn't be allowed to say since they would have to be Directv employees. Unless you see a post here or at dbstalk saying that there are new channels in testing, there is no need to ask about it. Understand?

Would it be accurate to believe we're not going to be getting more HD for another month or two? The new satellite, plus another one, has a role in this. Are people optimistic we'll get lots of HD? Or just modest numbers?

Would it be accurate to believe we're not going to be getting more HD for another month or two? The new satellite, plus another one, has a role in this. Are people optimistic we'll get lots of HD? Or just modest numbers?

No one really knows... It's all dependent upon the contracts that programming has in place or has singed. That is so tightly kept that you would have to have a very high pay grade to be in the know.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It must be in the contracts or something -- just noticed on my guide tonight that D* finally swapped Starz Kids & Family and Cinema for Starz E & W so that Starz E & W are the first two, and then Kids and Cinema after them... It's something I figured they'd do when they launched the new channels. It's only been what... like 7 years?

It must be in the contracts or something -- just noticed on my guide tonight that D* finally swapped Starz Kids & Family and Cinema for Starz E & W so that Starz E & W are the first two, and then Kids and Cinema after them... It's something I figured they'd do when they launched the new channels. It's only been what... like 7 years?

It may be seven years since you posted :eek:, but they have launched numerous channels in the recent past.

It may be seven years since you posted :eek:, but they have launched numerous channels in the recent past.

I think he was referring to the 7 years it took to put the main feeds of Starz first in the grouping, instead of in the middle. Then, of course, I bet Directv has had Starz longer than that.

Everytime someone posts to this I get excited because it's bumped up so I think "ooh new channels." But no.

You're probably right. There is conjecture that they moved the Starz channels around to make room for new ones, but there is nothing in testing right now.

It seems like we are not going to get any new HD channels until later in the year. Is anyone thinking differently?

(Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk.)

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It seems like we are not going to get any new HD channels until later in the year. Is anyone thinking differently?

(Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk.)
Directv's new satellite D14(99CA) has a ton of channels on it now as it seems they are migrating channels off Spaceway 2 onto D14(99ca) for Puerto Rico.

According to Gary Toma's post (Note none of these are New channels, just duplicates of current)

Puerto Rico Active Channels

25 HD Channels now provided by D14 (99ca)

21 SD Channels now provided by D14 (99ca)

D14 channels in Testing

52 D14 Channels Now in *Test

30 Associated with Domestic US (should eventually be mirrored ConUS and duplicate removed from existing sat)

22 Associated with Puerto Rico(probably PR spot beam)

Spaceway2 Migration

4/1/2015 Spaceway 2 provided 45 Puerto Rico Channels

4/8/2015 Spaceway 2 providing 1 Puerto Rico Channel

So not sure what directv is planning on doing with the Spaceway 2 sat, they may retire it or use if for more spot beam locals.

But once all the Domestic Puerto Rico channels get out of Test and fully on D14 only then can the delete the duplicates on D10,D11 and D12. After that they will definitely have the room, and more importantly the time to add some new HD channels. I think right now they are just to busy with this PR transition.

D14 (99CA) is now providing 31 ConUS channels, which are also being mirrored to PR, thus removing some bandwidth from D10,D11 and D12. So hopefully now that Puerto Rico has their channels mirrored from D14 we can start getting new HD channels finally.... hopefully.

Source Doctorj TPN_Map Domestic map

These channels are now coming from D14(99ca)

NBCSHD 220
FoodHD 231
E!HD 236
SpikeHD 241
SyfyHD 244
COMHD 249
LIFEHD 252
AMCHD 254
A&EHD 265
HISTHD 269
DSCHD 278
TLCHD 280
VEL 281
APLHD 282
DISeHD 290
ABCFHD 311
MTVHD 331
MAXeHD 515
STZeHD 525
STZCHD 528
HMMHD 565
FS2HD 618
beINHD 620
DTV 9504
DTV 9505
DTV 9507
DTV 9508
BABY 293
NASA 352
ARANG 2095

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts