New HD Channels This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes please! I hate that stretch crap. It makes Dk sick too:D
I dont like it in MOST cases. There are some programs that I dont mind it on, however my TV does such a good job of stretching/zoom/crop/ect, I would prefer now that they give it to me in OAR and let me manipulate it as I see fit

comedy central hd has just shown up on sixto's latest transponder map which he posted this morning at dbstalk. looks like it replaces ppv channel 146 which according to the online guide, now goes black monday morning.

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with the addition of Comedy Central HD, I'd prefer Travel Channel HD but I guess it's better then what we've been getting... nothing.

According to this post, it looks like we may actually get real HD when it launches.

Dont get to excited. If it's like other viacom stations it wont have any real HD on it.

Two Viacom channels do have lots of HD. Spike TV and Nick HD show lots of HD although Spike TV has the most.

Now MTV HD, CMT HD and VH1 HD do suck. MTV HD has very limited HD and they other two have none.

Two Viacom channels do have lots of HD. Spike TV and Nick HD show lots of HD although Spike TV has the most.

Now MTV HD, CMT HD and VH1 HD do suck. MTV HD has very limited HD and they other two have none.

true and according to their website there is HD content ready for comedy central.we'll see.

Looks like Comedy Central HD is set to launch this week or next. It has just been uplinked to a test channel

DirecTV HD - Current Listing - Page 31 - DBSTalk.Com
Thats very good news. I hope they actually show HD though. Comedy Central is a Viacom channel and we all know the lack of HD on Viacom channels. Lets hope Comedy Central isn't the same way and lets hope they pump out some HD. Otherwise it would be near pointless in adding it right now. I would rather see a channel with HD showing all the time.

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with the addition of Comedy Central HD, I'd prefer Travel Channel HD but I guess it's better then what we've been getting... nothing.

According to this post, it looks like we may actually get real HD when it launches.

I absolutely agree with you, I am switching from Dish tomorrow. But the thing I will miss the most is Travel Channel HD, it absolutely looks great on my 42" Samsung.

I absolutely agree with you, I am switching from Dish tomorrow. But the thing I will miss the most is Travel Channel HD, it absolutely looks great on my 42" Samsung.

I still don't understand why we don't have TravelHD already. E has had it for awhile now. could it be that at the time of signing contracts the condition is made that a provider or providers can't negotiate with a certain channel until a specific date?

Take this for what it is. Viacom has decided that MTV, CMT and VH1 viewers care less about HD content. They assume their demographic groups will watch their shows with or without HD material. So far, it seems they are right.

I know that southpark already had one HD episode air on Direct (Imagination land on the 101) and they are releasing their 12th season on Blu-Ray for the first time, so that has to be good news in terms of Comedy Central HD programming.

I know that southpark already had one HD episode air on Direct (Imagination land on the 101) and they are releasing their 12th season on Blu-Ray for the first time, so that has to be good news in terms of Comedy Central HD programming.

bingo, we have a winner. i'm seriously looking forward to south park in hd. i thought imaginationland was awesome and i can hardly wait for the bluray release in march!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)