New HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Guys,

Why all the fighting? Why can't we all agree that DirecTV is better than everything else? Lol.

Anyways, when the guy comes to install tomorrow, can I ask him to ground the satellite for free? My current sat is not grounded, and the nearest ground is about 30 feet away. Will he install a ground rod and wire for free?

He should do the ground for free. How depends on the local codes, if he does it correctly, that is.

He should do the ground for free. How depends on the local codes, if he does it correctly, that is.

Grounding is part of any satellite dish install. So he better. Just politely check and inform him/her the original wasn't. If he/she is good, he/she will figure that out pretty quickly.

Its a sad day today. :( The DTV installer called me this morning and said that I only had a work order for 1 HD DVR and no dish. He was in a rush, and he said "Just call DirecTV".

I called DirecTV and they told me "Uhh. We forgot to put it into the other system."

The installer is coming by today to put in the DVR, but another installer is coming in tomorrow (From 4 to 8 PM? - I didnt know they work that late) to install the dish.

I guess its fine b/c I wouldn't get any more HD channels now with a new dish. So, we shall see tonight and tomorrow night.

One question - For DVR's, you need 2 cables from the dish right? And if they run a new cable, do they fish it through the walls? Also, I have a keystone wall plate behind my TV, so would they provide the cable keystone to go into the wallplate to connect the new satellite cable?

One question - For DVR's, you need 2 cables from the dish right? And if they run a new cable, do they fish it through the walls? Also, I have a keystone wall plate behind my TV, so would they provide the cable keystone to go into the wallplate to connect the new satellite cable?

Yes to 2 cables. Yes to fishing and the keystone depends on your installer.

All went well today. The installation guys came at 9 o'clock instead of 4 - 8 PM like it said on my order. I didnt mind though. :) They called and asked if they could come over, and I said sure...

I got the DVR working, but I wanted to know if I can stream videos over ethernet to the HR20. I got the pictures and music streaming fine, but when I click on Videos - All Videos, I get nothing. Any way to fix this?

All went well today. The installation guys came at 9 o'clock instead of 4 - 8 PM like it said on my order. I didnt mind though. :) They called and asked if they could come over, and I said sure...

I got the DVR working, but I wanted to know if I can stream videos over ethernet to the HR20. I got the pictures and music streaming fine, but when I click on Videos - All Videos, I get nothing. Any way to fix this?

They havent released the video streaming yet. Stay tuned here for Living on the Edge releases that allow that feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)