New HD DVD Release

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ditto! I still have both my A2 and A35 connected and both are still performing flawlessly, next to my Sony BD player. I still have about 20 HDDVD titles in their wrappers waiting until I get "a round tuit"...

(Why do I have both connected? Because I can...)

The sky darkens, the winds pick up, dogs are howling..... ;)

Actually, I wonder- do they no longer have to pay royalties, since the HD DVD consortium is no longer in business?

What a crap shoot. VERY interesting to see if they actually make money on this.

Ditto! I still have both my A2 and A35 connected and both are still performing flawlessly, next to my Sony BD player. I still have about 20 HDDVD titles in their wrappers waiting until I get "a round tuit"...

(Why do I have both connected? Because I can...)

Same here. I also like the added bonus of having a second drive available for DVD playback. I can keep the series I am working through on the Blu Ray player and load a single DVD onm the other one. I've still got 70ish HD-DVD titles, and I see no point in buying them again on BR.

Same here. I also like the added bonus of having a second drive available for DVD playback. I can keep the series I am working through on the Blu Ray player and load a single DVD onm the other one. I've still got 70ish HD-DVD titles, and I see no point in buying them again on BR.

same, why buy b for what u allready have on red, its not like it is a upgrade. well i take that back, i did buy POTC1 to see i could tell a differnce..i could not

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid considerably less for my 2 HD DVD players than I did for the ~90 titles I still have. I have no intention of dumping any of it for the fraction of what I paid that I could realize in such a sale only to have to re-buy many of the titles I want to keep in BD. I really have no intention of duping any titles, HD DVD to BD, and that includes taking advantage of the WB program.

I am still wanting to make an A/B comparison and have yet to get a duplicate title. (I guess I could rent one, d'uhhh!) I was thinking of comparing Transformers since many thought the audio tracks in the BD version were superior. Another winter "round tuit" project!

I'm guess there are still a fair number of us out there that are planning to hold on to the players, and many of us have more than 1, meaning there is some planned longevity there. Does that constitute a small market for new HD DVD releases that beat the BD prices by an appealing margin ?? I'd probably buy more HD DVDs if they were available...

Does that constitute a small market for new HD DVD releases that beat the BD prices by an appealing margin ?? I'd probably buy more HD DVDs if they were available...
Toshiba pulled HD DVD off life support a while ago. No new licensees, no replication lines.
The only format - in theory! - that might be able one day read HD DVDs (DRMless) is CBHD.
It has the physical format of HD DVD (and most likely bought all the now useless HD DVD replication lines) but a different logical level.

Copy the movies to a hard drive for safety reasons since those ripping tools might disapper one day, too.

Diogen.

Toshiba pulled HD DVD off life support a while ago. No new licensees, no replication lines.
The only format - in theory! - that might be able one day read HD DVDs (DRMless) is CBHD.
It has the physical format of HD DVD (and most likely bought all the now useless HD DVD replication lines) but a different logical level.

Copy the movies to a hard drive for safety reasons since those ripping tools might disapper one day, too.

Diogen.

Not often do I hear a word of wisdom but this is it! I am in the process of doing just that but rather transferring to BluRay. I only have about a dozen HD DVD's but it's worth it to me in case my XBOX 360 drive fails.

I have an A35, Venturer A3 clone ad a Xbox 360 add-on player. The Venturer and add-on are both brand new still in the box. Though I did already test and update the Venturer before putting it aside for a rainy day. My son has an A3. I have well over 250+ HD DVD flicks and I just bought 10 more. So I plan on hkeeping these for awhile and enjoying them. The prices are so low I can't say no when the SDVD is literally twice the price of the HD DVD version.

I would love to have an A35 so I can pass the audio to my receiver and let it decode, so if anyone has one they want to sell cheap let me know.

I've tried third generation Panasonic and Sony Blu Ray players and my A3 upconverts DVDs better than either of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts