PS3 Slim

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I bought one of these about a month ago and am just now getting to play with a little... I got it networked last night, nice machine and like being able to stream from my pc (so far just divx stuff) It will not quite handle the higher bitrates that my Sony BDP350 will, but it is more compact and is working fine for my BT...

For anything that you have problems streaming, try PS3 Media Server, it will transcode on the fly.

360 and PS3 both work as nice media centers, both with their strengths (PS3 storage and i think plays more file types?, 360 the literal media center extender)

Do you have it hardwired or wifi networked? I have no trouble with hi bit rates on HD camcorder output. I have mine hard wired though.

Perhaps the issue is quicktime. My HD cam clips are AVCHD, running 15-20mbit/sec and the PS3 handles in native format without issue. Maybe it is a Sony/Sony thing since the camera is sony too.

I too use the PS3 media server to feed other types of files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts