This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New HD Equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
I am ready to take the plunge into the new HDDVR, replacing my HR10-250. My setup is an AE900U panasonic projector that we use for HD TV series like Prison Break etc...Blu-Ray movies and of course HD NFL etc... We do not use it as an everyday every moment set because in the same room we currently have a 36 in SD. We are getting a new 50 inch plasma. The way it is set up, both "sets are really in the same area. The question is, assuming that there are not 2 HDMI ins to the new HD DVR can I still set both up using the same DVR, one HDMI the other component. I understand that I will only be able to tune in the same channels for both but it's not a problem. I need to get another new HD reciever for another room. So can it be done that way and when I call today, is there still a retention number, do I ask for retention or just play CSR roulette to get the best deal. With the NFL and Superfan and the new equipment it could start to get a bit steep. A+ customer with a good 12 years in. Sorry it's so long but I know you will all steer me the proper way! Thank you!!
J

The HR20 does simultaneous component and HDMI output so you can have each go to a different TV. I have an Octavia HDMI switcher which is pretty affordable for an HDMI switch. It does not allow simultaneous viewing but it allows 3 HMDI in and 2 HDMI out.

As for the best deal, contact Directv and ask for retention group. They are the best at getting deals done. Good luck.

3 x 2 HDMI Cross Switch. 3 x 2 HDMI Cross switcher allows switching 3 HDMI sources with Dual Displays.

I like this as it works in my whole house configuration. What it does is allows my 3 HDMI connections to go into the switch. Then via remote and wireless extender, switches my DVR viewing in one room versus the other. So my wife may want HD TIvo in Living room and I watch HR20 in Family room. Works quite well with Harmony remote. I click button and switches exactly to unit I want to control and view. No issues with HDMI TV's either. I tried HDMI splitter and those have conflicts with TV's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.