New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They sent me an email explaining that it had been downloaded. Guess they don't want people freaking out about how different it is. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I snatched it from the stream this morning at 6:40am eastern time. It definitely looks sharp, I'll thoroughly check it out later when i get a chance.

LightningGA said:
I snatched it from the stream this morning at 6:40am eastern time. It definitely looks sharp, I'll thoroughly check it out later when i get a chance.

How do you snatch it from ' the stream'

I received the HD guide on my H25s this morning but not on my HR34. I know it's not scheduled to get it now, but does anyone know a release schedule for the HR34?

I do not think it is quite even at the CE level for the HR34 yet. Maybe since there are more 34 series receivers in the field now they will begin to test it at the CE level.

How do you snatch it from ' the stream'

You need to know when it is being downloaded to specific areas and grab it then. Directv isn't sending it to everyone all at once to avoid any potential issues from being overwhelming. If others are getting it, you can too by rebooting your box and entering 0 2 4 6 8 as soon as the blue front panel lights come on. Do a search on this site for Directv firmware watcher.

In addition to the slick new GUI, I seem to notice the Directv subtitle font is different and easier to read on some channels.

I just forced the download at 6:10 eastern time this morning. So far I really like it. My H23-600 is so much quicker. The PIP is on the left when I bring up my guide, it used to be on the right. That will take a little getting used to but no big deal.

I got it on one HR24 last night. It is easier to read, but not really any faster. Still an improvement.

-Ted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)