New HD local markets being launched

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As Digiblur told us days ago, the HD local channels have been added for the Monroe / El Dorado market on 77W, which our market doesn't have access to. Someone had said that the CSRs won't know anything about the change until at least tomorrow, but I thought I'd try. No luck, though. This CSR was more confused than any that I've had contact with before, but his last comment to me was that they are "working on it".

strange how Monroe is on a different bird than Shreveport at 119 spot 01 :confused:

Not strange at all. Beam A13 has more than one transponder but in the current 1-5 downlink configuration it is not available. Both markets wouldn't fit. Monroe probably had less dishes to swap to than Shreveport.

Yeah, I thought I would try also. Told me to contact them tomorrow.

As of 6 AM CST, the CSRs now know about the availability of the HD local channels in the new markets. I'm told that I will be charged $15 for the service call, which doesn't seem bad. I also understand that I, and presumably everyone with HD channels on a satellite that we don't currently have access to, will be switching arcs rather than getting a wing dish. The CSR could be wrong, though.

I just got off the phone with Dish. Scheduled tomorrow to change me to EA. One thing that I brought up that I don't know if they are going to fix is that on the EA, my 625 won't get the locals. First they said no problem, it will get it, then changed to no, you need to update that 625 to an HD receiver.

But they talked around that so I don't actually know if they will change that out or not. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow. If they change it out, I'll be happy. If not, well that's what they make chat for!! :)

A bit more research on my part. The 625 doesn't do mpeg4? Or that is what I've read. If that is true, they have to change it out as the EA is all Mpeg4.

Is that right, or am I misinformed??

I just got off the phone with Dish. Scheduled tomorrow to change me to EA. One thing that I brought up that I don't know if they are going to fix is that on the EA, my 625 won't get the locals. First they said no problem, it will get it, then changed to no, you need to update that 625 to an HD receiver.

But they talked around that so I don't actually know if they will change that out or not. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow. If they change it out, I'll be happy. If not, well that's what they make chat for!! :)

Did they mention cost to change to EA?

For hybrid arc changeovers if you wait until contacted. it is usually free; otherwise, you pay. For adding locals, it may be another matter. I don't know. At most it would cost $6 for the monthly protection plan fee plus the $25 plan termination fee plus the $15 truck roll under the plan.

I have been waiting 2 years for local HD in the Paducah, KY market. I was just told I would have to pay 95.00 or sign up for the service plan and pay 15.00. I was told they would not waive fee. I canceled. This ranks among the worst customer service experiences of my life. New customers pay zilch and long term customers in good standing keep getting screwed. Now I've got to find a new service. A no win situation for me.

I have been waiting 2 years for local HD in the Paducah, KY market. I was just told I would have to pay 95.00 or sign up for the service plan and pay 15.00. I was told they would not waive fee. I canceled. This ranks among the worst customer service experiences of my life. New customers pay zilch and long term customers in good standing keep getting screwed. Now I've got to find a new service. A no win situation for me.

I told the CSR on my chat that this would happen across these DMAs. For some reason this feels like a bait and switch. I have been a customer in good standing for 5 years and am seriously thinking about canceling over this. I should not have to pay $95 for their decision to place my locals on satellites that no equipment in my DMA is configured to receive.

Come on guys, I can understand getting a bit irritated by having to pay for the switch, but this seems a bit over the top to me. While I would love to be getting it done for free, paying either :

1. $15 w/maintenance contract
2. $95 without
3. $15+25+6= $46 to get the contract, do the change and then cancel

is 3 reasonable ways it could be done. It isn't like we didn't know that Dish is doing a fee everything these days, and compared to what a truck roll costs, this is cheap. Assuming a new dish and the labor, you are talking about the truck coming to your house, the tech spending a couple hours if everything is relatively easy, and maybe getting some new receivers if all your current ones aren't MPEG4 capable.

Again, I'm not excusing it, but that is the way it is. And Wilcocat, cancelling while mad is the worst time to do it!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts