New HD local markets being launched

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hear you Lloyd but I still feel this is bad business.

Add it to the list of things that make me mad at Dish! :)

I think they've made serious mistakes in fees and increases this year, but they made better profit and the investors and such are tickled.

So for today, I'm gonna be happy with Dish 'cause they got my locals in HD and are setting me up tomorrow, and I found I have 2 PPV coupons that I didn't know about before. I think I'll stay happy with Dish until Monday, then go back to grumbling about the bill!! :D

That really stinks about Macon.

Saw a Dish Network guy at the gas station and asked him if he knew anything about it.

He said the only thing they've heard is the Macon HD Locals were pushed back to the 18th. He said none of them knew why but that was normal for Dish not to give them a reason.

He said the only thing to do was call Dish on the 18th at the earliest because Dish will not tell their CSRs anything about it until the day they are turned on.

So, here's hoping for next Wednesday.

wilcocat said:
I have been waiting 2 years for local HD in the Paducah, KY market. I was just told I would have to pay 95.00 or sign up for the service plan and pay 15.00. I was told they would not waive fee. I canceled. This ranks among the worst customer service experiences of my life. New customers pay zilch and long term customers in good standing keep getting screwed. Now I've got to find a new service. A no win situation for me.

This is the reason I would rather install a dish for the 77 on my own not gonna pay some one to install something I can do for free

Saw a Dish Network guy at the gas station and asked him if he knew anything about it.

He said the only thing they've heard is the Macon HD Locals were pushed back to the 18th. He said none of them knew why but that was normal for Dish not to give them a reason.

He said the only thing to do was call Dish on the 18th at the earliest because Dish will not tell their CSRs anything about it until the day they are turned on.

So, here's hoping for next Wednesday.

Sounds about right... as they put up 2 other locals 2 days ago for Macon and wanted to test them for a bit before launching this market.

I just had a chat with Dish. Now that they put our HD locals on 77w (For Davenport, IA) I have to change my whole setup to get them. They say I cannot just add a dish to get 77 which for me means moving my dish.

Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA:
Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, my name is Randy L. My OP ID is 9EA. I will be happy to assist you today.
While I'm looking over the information you provided, how are you doing today?
Me: I understand that my local channels are now available in HD. What do I need to do to receive them?
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I'll check for you.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Do you have your account number or is there another phone number that could be on your
account?
Me: maybe I used ###-###-####
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Thanks.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Please press Menu 6-1-1 then Checkswitch.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I need to know what satellite numbers are listed.
Me: I am not in fron tof the TV, I am at work. However I am pretty sure I have 110,119 and 129
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Ok.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The local HD channels come from the 77 satellite. I'm checking on what we can do.
Me: Yes that is what i understand.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I'm just trying to find the easiest way to get you another dish, one more moment.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: To do this you would need all HD equipment which means your 625 would need to be
upgraded. I can do this at no cost except $15 for installation.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: There is a 2 year agreement with the upgrade.
Me: I only need to get the locals in HD on the living room TV which is a 722
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The satellites 77, 72 and 118 or 61.5 will only come through on an MPEG4 HD receiver.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: If you try to use the 625 MPEG 2 receiver the channels will not work.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: So all the equipment would need to be HD in order for them to work, on normal or HD
channels.
Me: why do I need satellites 72, 118 and 61.5? Can't I leave 110 119 and 129 and just add a wing dish or something
to add 77W?
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: That may be possible but you would be responsible for the dish which is $99 and the
installation.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The technician would need to look because that means that the wing dish would only be
connected to the 722, I'm not sure how a technician would set it up.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I don't have the option to set up a wing dish installation because you still have both
MPEG2 and MPEG4 equipment.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The only option I have is a receiver upgrade and having your dish repointed.
Me: My concern is that where the dish is located it does not have line of site to 61.5. I'm pretty sure the current
location can see 77 but I don't think it can see 61.5
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The technician would be able to take a look and figure out the best way to get you set up
for your HD locals.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: If it is not possible then the order would be cancelled and you would not be charged or
put in a contract.
Me: thanks but I don't think I want to do that right now
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: no..Thanks
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Thanks for chatting with Dish Network Chat Support. Have a great day!!

Yep, that's what they did for me today. They didn't want to do a wing dish. I also had a 625. They swapped that out at the same time for a 612 and I had to commit to another 2 years. All for $15 and my bill went down.

Remember the 625 is costing you $17/month, a 612 is only $10/month. If you are only running one TV with your 625, then the 612 is a great solution.

I just had a chat with Dish. Now that they put our HD locals on 77w (For Davenport, IA) I have to change my whole setup to get them. They say I cannot just add a dish to get 77 which for me means moving my dish.

Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA:
Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, my name is Randy L. My OP ID is 9EA. I will be happy to assist you today.
While I'm looking over the information you provided, how are you doing today?
Me: I understand that my local channels are now available in HD. What do I need to do to receive them?
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I'll check for you.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Do you have your account number or is there another phone number that could be on your
account?
Me: maybe I used ###-###-####
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Thanks.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Please press Menu 6-1-1 then Checkswitch.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I need to know what satellite numbers are listed.
Me: I am not in fron tof the TV, I am at work. However I am pretty sure I have 110,119 and 129
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The local HD channels come from the 77 satellite. I'm checking on what we can do.
Me: Yes that is what i understand.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I'm just trying to find the easiest way to get you another dish, one more moment.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: To do this you would need all HD equipment which means your 625 would need to be
upgraded. I can do this at no cost except $15 for installation.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: There is a 2 year agreement with the upgrade.
Me: I only need to get the locals in HD on the living room TV which is a 722
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The satellites 77, 72 and 118 or 61.5 will only come through on an MPEG4 HD receiver.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: If you try to use the 625 MPEG 2 receiver the channels will not work.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: So all the equipment would need to be HD in order for them to work, on normal or HD
channels.
Me: why do I need satellites 72, 118 and 61.5? Can't I leave 110 119 and 129 and just add a wing dish or something
to add 77W?
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: That may be possible but you would be responsible for the dish which is $99 and the
installation.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The technician would need to look because that means that the wing dish would only be
connected to the 722, I'm not sure how a technician would set it up.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I don't have the option to set up a wing dish installation because you still have both
MPEG2 and MPEG4 equipment.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The only option I have is a receiver upgrade and having your dish repointed.
Me: My concern is that where the dish is located it does not have line of site to 61.5. I'm pretty sure the current
location can see 77 but I don't think it can see 61.5
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The technician would be able to take a look and figure out the best way to get you set up
for your HD locals.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: If it is not possible then the order would be cancelled and you would not be charged or
put in a contract.
Me: thanks but I don't think I want to do that right now
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: no..Thanks
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Thanks for chatting with Dish Network Chat Support. Have a great day!!

Ugh!! This is a good example of why Dish needs to let the technician make the appropriate decision instead of the CSR.

A simple 77 wing dish tied back into your 1000.2 gives HD & SD locals to your 722 and SD locals as usual to your 625 (no receiver swap out necessary). All done in about an hour, Adios, good-bye, and hope you enjoy your HD locals.

After being away on vacation, I finally made the call to Dish and asked them to switch me to the Eastern Arc. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and have been missing many of the newer HD channels because I was unable to get 129 due to trees. (I was set up for 118, 119, 110 and a side dish on 61.5.) I made my request for eastern arc through an online chat, and of course the CSR initially resisted my request. But I persisted and he eventually transfered me to another agent, who reviewed the account and immediately okayed the change. The tech arrived on time (actually a little early!) the day of the appointment and agreed to put the new dish on a side wall with a brick mount, getting the mount off my roof (woo-hoo!) I'm very happy with the new dish, new mounting location and all the new HD channels. (The install tech wanted to know how I knew so much about the satellites, etc. - thanks Satelliteguys.us!):D

one of these days I wont kick and scream and will be excited to see Dayton Ohio getting HD locals on the EA. So tired of having 2 dishes (not a wing dish, but 2 separate dishes on my back patio) I feel like I live at an airport with all the equiptment.

oh well :)

I made my request for eastern arc through an online chat, and of course the CSR initially resisted my request. But I persisted and he eventually transfered me to another agent, who reviewed the account and immediately okayed the change. ):D

Similar to what I went through this morning. Except the "Loyalty CSR" at first didn't want to do the change at no charge. Tried to get me to sign up for the service plan. After some more discussion, she said I would get it at no charge. Visit is scheduled for tomorrow AM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts