New HD Movie Channels Showing Movies in OAR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suomi8

Mar 29, 2004
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but I did search for this and I couldnt find the answer anywhere.

So my question is are the new movies channels (the Starz channels, The Movie Channel, etc.) showing their HD movies in the OAR (Original Aspect Ratio) or are they still pan and scan? I really hope they are in their OAR.

Thanks

Dave

DemonBS

Nov 10, 2006
Have you checked on the premium channels' respective websites? I looked on Starz, and it seems to be that it will be a mix of OAR and garbage, depending on what they are getting from the studios.

I referenced the Help --> Starz HD section of their website, so take a look there and see if you glean the same answer as I did...

D

suomi8

Mar 29, 2004
Have you checked on the premium channels' respective websites? I looked on Starz, and it seems to be that it will be a mix of OAR and garbage, depending on what they are getting from the studios.

I referenced the Help --> Starz HD section of their website, so take a look there and see if you glean the same answer as I did...

D

Hey D,

That is what I read too and now after having had the channels for a few days I can certainly confirm that most of the HD movies I have seen have indeed been in OAR which is great to see. Good stuff, now I am just waiting on Cinemax HD and we will be all set!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)