New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

SD 16x9 is a realistic wishing point.
You mean "Faux-HD"? I'd be happy with the increase in bit-rate that would be available. 16:9 that didn't cut off stats and timing data would be nice. Actual 720p HD would be very, very nice...:D

Hmmm, when did all those HD Channels between 5300 - 5354 show up??? Looks like they're remapped from the 9419+ range.
(Edit: Others have said these are the remappings for the other HD packages. No news here; move along, move along...)

Nothing else HD-wise showing up for me in the Guide today.

Last edited:
You mean "Faux-HD"? I'd be happy with the increase in bit-rate that would be available. 16:9 that didn't cut off stats and timing data would be nice. Actual 720p HD would be very, very nice...:D

Hmmm, when did all those HD Channels between 5300 - 5354 show up??? Looks like they're remapped from the 9419+ range.
(Edit: Others have said these are the remappings for the other HD packages. No news here; move along, move along...)

Nothing else HD-wise showing up for me in the Guide today.

Last years showing of the Canadian and USGP were on network and were 16x9 SD, and they looked very good. Many thought it was HD, but the argument about HD vs SD was just a petty annoyance as the broadcast delivered the goods with an exceptional picture quality. It was a quantum leap from the 'fuzzy-vision' that is normal SPEED fare.

Personally, I would be happy if they got us the same quality feed from the rest of the schedule. The worry for it to be an actual HD resolution is a secondary concern, as of now. Well, the primary concern is getting SPEED HD up on E* so we can complain about the ensuing issues! :)

I would think from a PR standpoint keeping E* in the publics eye as a positive organization is important. In order to keep consumers happy an organization should not mess around with uplinks just to play with forum members.

Hopefully E* will lite up some new HD this week or next without anymore games (if they are actually messing with us).

I would be very happy if they got the following HD channels fully viewable this month:

SciFi
USA
Speed
FX
Smithsonian
MGM

If i get those channels I could live with the other issues I have with E right now (locals and MSG)

I know, just think its cool AMC14 FINALLY has a date. 2nd qtr should be very interesting.
Yep, with AMC-14 going up on 3/14 (hopefully) and then E11 in early May (also hopefully). The 2nd Qtr should be quite interesting for E*.

2007 was when things started to get cranked up hd wise. 2008 seems to be the year that things will be really crazy for everyone!!!

If any New Hd channel Should be added it should be Speed, not something dumb like wfn (World Farting Network).:)

World Farting Network-

Our Motto-
"For the fat-asses that sit at home on the couch, drink beer, and watch cars go 'round in circles or other people catchin' fish, why not fart while you're at it! We know you do!"

:D

Thanks everyone for the information. Had to join the pub today because I too am wondering about the Speed channel. USA-HD and the others. MGM would be awesome esp if they do a lot of older movies.

Now where I live they are saying that channels are moving on the 13th.
Altitude HD is going from 360 to 410 so it will not have two different spots.
Fox RM will be going to 414 from 364. So maybe they are getting things in place.

Maybe but you guys are alot smarter then me on these things.

I'm waiting for someone to make a comment on this post. I am also seeing that several HD channels are moving and will be available on 2/13.

complaints r in another thread use this one open for info.

Lighten up and chill, dude. It was a running inside joke, which if you had been around awhile, you might have gotten what I was referring to, tongue-in-cheek. There are plenty of other threads for you to police about complaints, dude.

i'm not policing anyone but when i go into a thread i'm expecting to read about what the heading is about,i wasn't tring to get on you stacy just tring to keep the thread from going a different route.

4th TV (3rd receiver) question

Replacement 622 keeps rebooting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)