New HD or locals today?

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
Hey, it's Wednesday. Any new channels to appear today? Where are those Indianapolis HD locals? Looks like another broken promise to me.

I dont think anyone made any promises for today. So none broken.

As always we will find out today when the real Dish uplink runs (the other one today was a special one for NPS) :)

Las Vegas finally gets HD locals!

We now have ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX. It's been a long wait and I wish we get the CW, but I am a very happy camper. :) :) :) :)

I dont think anyone made any promises for today. So none broken.

As always we will find out today when the real Dish uplink runs (the other one today was a special one for NPS) :)

Agreed, no specific mention of Indianapolis HD locals today, but they were promised sometime in March. So, I guess sometime in the next 27 days, yes?

P.S. I did a search and Indianaplis HD locals were first uplinked in May of 2006, so I guess sometime in March of 2009 seems about right.

Yeah, if we only got CW I could get rid of the antenna but I'm happy with what we got in Vegas.

I'm shocked at the many times I hear this comment. No way would I get rid of my antenna. I like recording 3 things at once way too much and enjoy the subchannels that my area has to offer that are not on satellite at all.

I'm shocked at the many times I hear this comment. No way would I get rid of my antenna. I like recording 3 things at once way too much and enjoy the subchannels that my area has to offer that are not on satellite at all.

Ditto.

I just got my locals in HD yesterday from Dish :up

So I then went and changed all my timers from OTA to the Dish HD version.

But then I realized ... hey ... both TV1 and TV2 are being used up now ... I can't switch channels unless it is something OTA ...

Conclusion ... I was not using all 3 tuners to my maximum benefit.

OTA channels 7 and lower for me I get excellent OTA reception on ... so I changed all those times for OTA.

The higher OTA channels I switched to Dish. This will hopefully be a smarter use for me ... of course some days vary ... but I would sooner have all three tuners spinning ... :up

Topeka DMA HD

I see that all four of the networks are now available in HD for the Topeka DMA. I have a 1k.2 dish looking at 110, 119, and 129. I reviewed the info available here at "The List!" and see that the HD feeds are active at 61.5. Further review shows that they are also uplinked, but currently unavailable, at 129W. Is this an indication that the Topeka DMA locals will transition soon to 129W or will I need to have a wing dish installed for 61.5?

Well, I never thought of that. So the antenna stays and the OTA locals get added back to the favorites. Tanks!

Is this an indication that the Topeka DMA locals will transition soon to 129W or will I need to have a wing dish installed for 61.5?

I have the same question for the Des Moines locals. I will be moving back to Iowa in a few months and would like to install only one dish. Does anyone with inside knowledge of DISH know the plans for these 4500-5000 channels on the 129W satellite? I have a few months to wait yet so maybe they will be active by the time I am ready to subscribe. I hope the 922 is also ready then.

I see that all four of the networks are now available in HD for the Topeka DMA. I have a 1k.2 dish looking at 110, 119, and 129. I reviewed the info available here at "The List!" and see that the HD feeds are active at 61.5. Further review shows that they are also uplinked, but currently unavailable, at 129W. Is this an indication that the Topeka DMA locals will transition soon to 129W or will I need to have a wing dish installed for 61.5?

They are available now on 61.5. They are in the 129 table but not on any published schedule for actual uplinking to 129. One presumes they will be uplinked at some point in the future, but since Topeka is a declared eastern arc market and already have them uplinked on one satellite and other markets are still waiting to be uplinked, I think any future uplinking on 129 may be further down the road. If you want them now, I think you will need to add a 61.5 winger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)