New HD showed up right on schedule (Rockford, Ill)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
They promised the 22 new channels on 4/30 and they all showed up today, except for Disney and ABC Family which showed up 3 weeks ago.

I have been going through them this morning and it looks like a mixed bag. Flash Gordon on SciFi looked noticably soft, like SD. Ditto Crossing Jorden on A&E. Zion Canyon (IMAX) looked ok on Mojo, but not what I would have expected from an IMAX film.

OTOH, How They Do THat on Discovery looked really good.

I guess I'll have to wait until more HD source is available on a number of channels, but my first impression is that this new compression scheme is not going to cut it. It may be time to go back and check out satellite.

Welcome to the world of Comcast HD. We just received 5 new ones here in Atlanta this week (ABC Family, Disney, Science, AMC & TLC), we had the other ones already.

It looks like they did some tuning yesterday. The channels were locked for about three hours, and the quality is greatly improved this morning.

Has any of the former Insight customers have their on demand upgraded? I live in Peoria and not much on demand features have changed.

Has any of the former Insight customers have their on demand upgraded? I live in Peoria and not much on demand features have changed.

I got around to looking tonight. There is a lot of new stuff out there, especially in the free area. Old sitcoms, Deadliest catch episodes, expanded content for Mythbusters, etc.

Looks like more movies as well.

That's for Rockfrord. YMMV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)