New HD Stations

The new ALL mpeg 4 service was supposed to be in service by spring of next year at the latest. This was before the delays at the launch sites for the new sats that were supposed to launch by December of this year. IT is coming because DISH will depend on it, to be able to have all the hd channels , upto 200 national , sd, locals in both sd and upto 100 hd local dmas, and internationals all on one 18 " sat dish. This will be in order to compete with all the Directv hd channels that they were SUPPOSED to launch yesterday.

The rules dictate a single dish solution.

I would not get all wadded up about what Charlie said regarding an MPEG4 system. Such a system is not coming soon to a roof near you.

Harshness,

There is NO SUCH rule that says a Single Dish is required for SOME, All or ANY DBS customers.

There is a rule that MANDATES that any and ALL IN MARKET Local OTA Affiliated signals must be receivable on single Dish solution.

Dish could place all of their Non Local SD channels all over the place if they wished so it would require two or three Dish(s) if they wanted too. Of course that is not going to happen.

John

The rules dictate a single dish solution.

I would not get all wadded up about what Charlie said regarding an MPEG4 system. Such a system is not coming soon to a roof near you.

If the rules dictate a single dish solution, why do I have 2?

I am in the northeast so the 129 bird is no option for me for HD. Besides, the NYC local HD's are on 61.5 so 2 dishes are a must for many up in my direction.

Also, who gave D* the right to create a SciFi HD logo if it does not exist yet? Or how can SciFi create and/or allow this without making any announcement of a planned HD feed?

Just to add SCi-Fi is in the channel line up in the Directv Access magazine channel line up for October.Thank Rad for this post. Post 123,

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-hd-discussions/108108-what-we-hearing-13.html

Might not be available yet but it will be .
Unless I'm missing something, D* appears to be "double-dipping" several HD channels. IE, Espn, Espn HD, Espn2, Espn2 HD. All are indicated HD, but truly only two different channels. Same with HBO's and a few others.

Unless I'm missing something, D* appears to be "double-dipping" several HD channels. IE, Espn, Espn HD, Espn2, Espn2 HD. All are indicated HD, but truly only two different channels. Same with HBO's and a few others.

With the newer receivers, D* can tell the box to tune to the HD version of a channel when you enter the 'old' SD channel number. So it's either they'll be doing that to remap 206 which is the SD channel to 73 which is the current MPEG2 channel or mapping it to a new MPEG4 channel, we'll have to wait to see which way they'll be doing it once D10 goes live.

Guys, this is not about SciFi HD. This is a technical thread about if we will need a new dish for the 2 new satelites once they launch (if they ever do). Oh, yeah, does anyone know when SciFi HD will be available from Dish Network? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)