New HD: TCM-HD, BigTenNet, CartoonNetHD, MSNBCHD

mws192

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
These are listed on the guide channel advertisments. Rollout 6/26 for CT.

4 HBO (west coasts)
2 Starz (west coasts)
4 Cinemax (west coasts)
3 TMC (west coasts)
4 Showtime (west coasts)
truTV-HD
Planet Green HD
NBATV-HD
Style-HD
QVC-HD
Outdoor Network HD

CartoonNetwork HD
Turner Classic Movies HD

MSNBC-HD (starting 6/29 separate ad)

Big Ten Netwrok (separate ad- sd and HD in the sports pak)

These are listed on the guide channel advertisments. Rollout 6/26 for CT.

4 HBO (west coasts)
2 Starz (west coasts)
4 Cinemax (west coasts)
3 TMC (west coasts)
4 Showtime (west coasts)
truTV-HD
Planet Green HD
NBATV-HD
Style-HD
QVC-HD
Outdoor Network HD

CartoonNetwork HD
Turner Classic Movies HD

MSNBC-HD (starting 6/29 separate ad)

Big Ten Netwrok (separate ad- sd and HD in the sports pak)
Both TCM HD & MSNBC HD will be welcome additions but I guess I will be the 1st to say...& STILL no BBC America yet!!! not even SD or hopefully they will be waiting for the HD channel to start up & then add both @ the same time. :cool:

It is good to get more HD programming. I guess that those D*TV ads are having some effect on CV's plans. TCM could be really nice, MSNBC hasn't been as good since their biggest commentators aren't on a night much.

Cablevision Completes 100 HD Channel Rollout
Expanded High-Definition Lineup To Include MSNBC HD
Todd Spangler -- Multichannel News, 6/23/2009 10:20:48 AM MT
Cablevision Systems on Tuesday said it has launched 27 new high-definition channels in its Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut systems, to now offer more than 100 channels of free HD now available across its entire service area.

The cable operator, which faces heavy competition from Verizon's FiOS TV, in April added 31 new HD channels in its New York City systems to cross the 100-HD threshold and also added nine HD networks across the rest of its footprint.

Cablevision promised that the 100-HD channel lineup would be available in June to all customers in New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.

Of the 27 new HD channels, 17 are premium movie channels. The added channels are: Big Ten Network HD, Cartoon HD, Turner Classic Movies HD, truTV HD, Outdoor Channel HD, NBA TV HD, HBO West HD, HBO2 West HD, HBO Signature West HD, HBO Family West HD, Starz West HD, Starz Comedy HD, Showtime Extreme HD, Showtime West HD, Showtime Too West HD, Showtime Showcase West HD, Thriller Max HD, WMAX HD, 5 Star Max HD, Cinemax West HD, TMC XTRA HD, TMC West HD, TMC XTRA West HD, QVC HD, Planet Green HD and Style HD. MSNBCHD will be added June 29, when the service launches nationally.

Most of those HD services were already available to New York City customers.

Cablevision does not levy a separate charge for HD equipment or programming. The company said approximately 1.6 million of digital cable customers take HD service, up almost 40% from a year ago. Overall, Cablevision had 2.8 million digital video customers as of the end of March.

Cablevision Completes 100 HD Channel Rollout - 2009-06-23 16:20:48 | Multichannel News

Here is the rollout schedule for the new HD channels
Brooklyn and The Bronx today
Westchester and Connecticut - Wednesday, June 24
Long Island - Thursday, June 25
New Jersey - Friday, June 26.

Here is the rollout schedule for the new HD channels
Brooklyn and The Bronx today
Westchester and Connecticut - Wednesday, June 24
Long Island - Thursday, June 25
New Jersey - Friday, June 26.

Thanks much. This site is a mustsee everyday and today it really paid off.

Steve

Here's my question. When is CV going to setup all this new stuff as accessible QAM-tunable HD channels (no cable card, unless premium channels are involved)? I want to get back to quality cable watching without having external tuners from CV at my three TVs.

Is that for some technical reason that they would do ONLY broadcast-basic as in-clear QAM? They certainly didn't operate that way in the olde analogue days. AFAIK, if you have a cable-card, you get all HDTV programming as in-clear QAM. The only exceptions are SDV-channels (so far it is only used for PPV and on-demand programming).

Am I correct about CV's cablecards and HDTV?

Cablecards allow you to SUBSCRIBE (not just get) all programming available with the exception of DVR, On Demand, PPV and other data services, as you mentioned. But it is not the same as Clear QAM.

Why do cable companies restrict their clear QAM channels to broadcast basic/lifeline basic channels? Because the old way of filtering out channels for cable ready service is expensive. Essentially there is a physical trap/filter on your line blocking out reception of channels you do not subscribe to on the analog service. Since digital channels are multiplexed it makes it much harder to trap. It's much easier to have addressable cable boxes/cable cards to get subscribers the channels they subscribe to than having to send out a technician every time a subscriber changes their level of service to install/remove traps.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)