New HD with The Family Pac with the Old HD Pac Question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Caeboy

Man with an FEA plan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 31, 2004
Norman, OK
I got the Old HD pack with the Family pac over a year ago. As a result I get all the MPEG2 HD (HDNET, HDNET Movies, TNTHD, DiscoveryHD, Universal HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD) I also get my locals in HD MPEG4 (OKC)

My Problems is that the new HD stations that the Family pac should get (Weather HD, and The Science Channel HD) are not Authorized from me (I have an HR-20-700 and an HR-20-100)

My question is what will happen if I call to get the new HD stations Authorized?

Will I lose the the MPEG2 HD (HDNET, HDNET Movies, TNTHD, DiscoveryHD, Universal HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD) I currently have immediately?

Will I lose the MPEG2 HD (HDNET, HDNET Movies, TNTHD, DiscoveryHD, Universal HD ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD) I currently have after Dec, 15th?

Will I lose TNTHD, DiscoveryHD,ESPN, ESPN2 immediately and the rest after Dec 15th?

Anyone in the know please help me out so I know what to do. There are only 2 HD channels out for the Family pac (Weather HD, and The Science Channel HD) I would hate to lose 7 HD channel to get 1.5 Channels (Weather HD is not really HD yet)

Thanks for the advice

Last edited:
My understanding is that you would keep all the channels you have now plus add the new ones. Then at some point (Dec. 15 sounds right), you will have to pay an additional $4.99 for the HD-Only channels, HDNet, Discovery, etc. but would keep the ones in your package for the $9.99.

The thing I'm not sure of is since ESPN and TNT aren't part of your package (I don't think, anyway), what would happen to them. I think the general plan is that the $9.99 fee gives you the HD equivalent of anything in your package and the $4.99 gives you the HD-only channels. I'm assuming at some point that if there are HD equivalents of channels not in your package you wouldn't get them, even if you do now, but I'm honestly not sure.

Maybe someone else can help - I'd suggest you call D* and ask them, but we all know what that's worth...

EDIT: If you look at this thread, looks like you might lose ESPN, etc as soon as you call to change the package...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-hd-discussions/108923-directv-hd-thoughts.html

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)