New HDDVR receiver with AT9 Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigdanjr

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
I recently upgraded and added two new HDDVR to my setup.
I have one HR20-70 with two connections, two new HDDVR with one connection each plus 4 SD with one connection each. I have the Slimline-5 Dish
with one multiswitch with 8 ports all filled up.
I'm a bit confused, can I run a single cable to the new HD DVR's and some how split the cable to the two tuners without adding another multiswitch and another cable?
Thanks in advance for any advise.

Unless you have the SWM8 as your current multiswitch DirecTV SWM8 - Single Wire Multiswitch - $199 Including Power Inserter - Free Shipping you can't use just one cable to feed each DVR. You can try & request the SWM-LNB through DirecTV (the more receivers you have the better your chances) & if that fails you can purchase them on the net. I use the SWM8 switch & use one cable for every receiver which also brings the OTA antenna signal to the receiver. These are much easier to install than fishing cable throughout your house.

Thanks

Just to make sure before I order it on the net, the current multiswitch DirecTV SWM8 - Single Wire Multiswitch will work with my current 5LNB dish that has 4 feeds from the dish, or do I have to switch the dish out also?

Thanks, again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)