New here...Where do I start

Bingooo1

Original poster
Aug 4, 2019
pittsburgh, pa
I know a little about the Dish thing as I have installed a few about 30 years ago when I did custom home stereo and home theater installs and have tuned a few since then. That being said, I am tired of $200 a month for cable and nothing to watch. I only want the basics and BBC America, History Channel HGTV and an outdoor channel or two. Where I live the HD antenna will bring in a lot of the local and interesting channels.
I know what to do to set up a dish but a lot of the terminology you guys are using is over my head. I also am not real computer savvy but need the internet desperately. YouTube, ebay and email mostly.
All this being said, Where do I go from here? All help is appreciated! Thanks

Reactions: truckracer
I can tell you. It's can be a pain. Getting the dish pointed at the satellite.
Unlike my fta box. Where it shows noise level. That helps you know your passing a satellite.
Orby kinda reminds me of the 4dtv. It would read 99% all the time. Orby gives off numbers. 80s range.

Which after hooking my fta box up. I know my box does not go over 40%.

So I ordered a new lnb. Which will work. And I'm going to test it on 2 different satellites. To see if I get more gain. And then test it during bad rain storms...

Living here in Florida. That should be easy.

I have a HughesNet Satellite and a second 10 foot satellite. That Im going to check as well...

I use to put a ku lnb on my satellite next to the c band lnb and it worked good.

I have had mine for about a month now, and am happy with it. It obviously does not have all the bells n whistles, but for $44 a month I am pleased.
Pic quality from the satellite on my 50 in is acceptable and OTA channels are better quality than DTV.

As far as the install, pointing the dish took a bit (used to just having to hit dtv 101 with a meter, which is easy). You gotta be pretty much dead on the 117 for the Orby on screen signal meter to show anything. Other than some time and patience the install is easy.

Reactions: truckracer
I have had mine for about a month now, and am happy with it. It obviously does not have all the bells n whistles, but for $44 a month I am pleased.
Pic quality from the satellite on my 50 in is acceptable and OTA channels are better quality than DTV.

As far as the install, pointing the dish took a bit (used to just having to hit dtv 101 with a meter, which is easy). You gotta be pretty much dead on the 117 for the Orby on screen signal meter to show anything. Other than some time and patience the install is easy.
I self installed mine. Worked great. I used 39" free to air dish and invacom lnbf I had laying around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)