New Hire - Tips and Advice

jharpe06

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
United States
I just got the email saying that I got offered the job as a satellite technician. I go in on Monday to fill out my new hire paperwork and then start training on the 2nd. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice. please keep them positive. I know the job is extremely tough physically and also mentally. I was well aware of that going into this. Thanks for any help guys, I will probably be on here quite a bit with questions.

Core 6 man! 1 Clear Line of sight 2 Secure mount 3 Torque fittings, 4 Peak Signal at Dish, 5 Check that that signal makes it to the receiver, 6 Treat the customers awesome and educate them well.

Keep a positive attitude & don't allow other installers to drag you into their doom & gloom.

I will be working in-house (directly for dish). I haven't heard a lot of great things about working for contractors and I dont have the money to invest on all of the tools, so I think it will be a great gig

You'll either love it or hate it. I do know that in-house techs are usually treated better (and paid more) than the RSP guys. Good luck with your new job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)