New home multi building pre-wire questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blentz

Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
United States
Getting ready to pre-wire a new guesthouse along w/ a new garage and detatched fitness center.

The Guesthouse is easy, the sat dish will be located on the new guest house and the SWM 8 way switch will be in the utility closet in the guest house. there will be 3 receivers in the guest house, all running SWM.

My concerns are the distances for the new detached garage and detached fitness center. The garage is 160ft away from the SWM switch. The fitness center is 300ft away.

I was considering using the legacy switch port on the SWM switch to push sat signal over to fitness center to feed one receiver (NO DVR) instead of SWM since SWM signals get iffy over really long distances. Not too worried about the garage as i have successfully run SWM feed 150ft before to one receiver.

Thoughts?

Suggestions from the pros here?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Lentz

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

300 ft is a long way even for sd signals. You might have success using RG11, but how about installing another dish at the fitness center?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)