New hopper install sling does not work

They are the new model with sling built in iam trying to use dish anywhere website

What's the problem? Are the receivers showing offline? Are you able to attempt a streaming session and then get an error? I would try using Dishonline.com and see if you have the same problem. It's hard to figure out how to fix your issue without more details.

Ok i got the hoppers to connect to the internet but iam going back to the 922 the sling is much more stable than the ones in the hopper, the dish anywhere app sucks, with the 922 i can use sling media web site the new hopper i cant

Ok i got the hoppers to connect to the internet but iam going back to the 922 the sling is much more stable than the ones in the hopper, the dish anywhere app sucks, with the 922 i can use sling media web site the new hopper i cant

well it's new. you realize the origional hoppers didnt work right for about 3-4 months. you'll get the soft updates and it will work well eventually. also, dish is not going to let you switch back easily. get ready to go to the loyalty team on this one.

Just got two new hoppers and 4 joeys installed yesterday. Took 2.5 hours, mainly configuration since my original install was done well. Everything working perfectly so far....wireless internet streaming, sling, etc...its a nice upgrade....

The installers were aware of the issues I have seen posted here...

I was trying to watch something on my computer. I have a 2 Hopper install, 1 with Sling.

With Dishanywhere, when I select a show to watch from my DVR, it comes up with the 'sling adapter' message and won't play the video at all. Checking around the site, it shows the Hopper w/Sling and Hopper (old version) as being online and available. In the 'authorized devices' it doesn't show anything authorized and says it will auto change that when I watch a premium show, which of course, I can't.

I went to dishonline.com and it all works fine from there.

So now what?

I had 2H/2J system one with sling and one original Hopper and I can't get sling to work on my computer using Firefox. I see my Hopper w/sling showing green but when I click on view or guide or my DVR I get a pop up that litterarly says "eeeek! we have had a problem connecting to your receiver" WTH is that?

I have tried Dish Online with varying degrees of sucess.

My Hoppers were installed Sat 1/26/13 so I will wait for a few software updates to see if it is resolved.

EEEK error.jpgHere is the EEEK error I get. Anyone else getting this? Same error in Chrome.

Last edited:
Is that error new today or has it been happening for awhile? I do know that Slingsmservers were down a good part of the day today. (They are back online now though)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

When my sling quit working, tech support had me do menu>network setup>tests>send status. Click connection, then check signal, then send data, then done.

Next morning it was working again.

When my sling quit working, tech support had me do menu>network setup>tests>send status. Click connection, then check signal, then send data, then done.

Next morning it was working again.

That really should have nothing to do with it and that's not even part of the troubleshooting steps. I believe that just sends out data that techs need for each job or something like that. I think the nightly update is most likely what fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts