New hopper install sling does not work

I was trying to watch something on my computer. I have a 2 Hopper install, 1 with Sling.

With Dishanywhere, when I select a show to watch from my DVR, it comes up with the 'sling adapter' message and won't play the video at all. Checking around the site, it shows the Hopper w/Sling and Hopper (old version) as being online and available. In the 'authorized devices' it doesn't show anything authorized and says it will auto change that when I watch a premium show, which of course, I can't.

I went to dishonline.com and it all works fine from there.

So now what?

I just got of a tech chat with Dish and they had me try a few things, but at the end they said use dishonline.com as they are still working on Dish Anywhere. Oddly, Dish Anywhere works just fine from the iPad, just not on either my iMac nor my Windows 8 boxes.

To me, the 'sling' message indicates to me that Dish Anywhere doesn't realize the Hopper with Sling actually already has the Sling device embedded.

It appears that the bug at dishanywhere.com is probably fixed. The bug was that if you're computer (Mac or Windows) doesn't have the Slingplayer plugin installed, neither IE (windows) nor Safari (Mac) were prompting to install the plugin needed. Today it is on both and after installing the plugin, all is good.

I have this problem with my new Hopper with Sling also. I can log into Dish Anywhere and my receiver with my recorded programs comes up, but when I try to watch anything I get the error message "SlingPlayer has crashed" on my browser. The same thing happens for live TV as well. I am using Google Chrome and had to install a plug-in, but it never has worked, and neither will Firefox with it's plug-in either.

I am also having exactly the same issue. I have a Hopper with Sling. Getting "SlingPlayer has crashed" error message when it's trying to play a recording or live TV from the Hopper. Using the latest versions of FF, Chrome, and IE -- no luck.

Got home and tried Dish Online and I was able to get both hoppers to sling to my computer. There must be something wrong with the Dish Anywhere site.

Yeah, that's not a new problem. People have been having trouble with DO/DRA for a while now. Lucky for me, things are OK on my 2 Hoppers w/Sling and my Hoppers w/Sling Adapters and the 722k w/Sling Adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)