New HR-20 DVR 19.99 From Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just called D* and got the same $99 swap out deal for my H10-250, but mine is purchased, not leased. Should they still be taking my box when the come to install the new HR20?

HDMick said:
I just called D* and got the same $99 swap out deal for my H10-250, but mine is purchased, not leased. Should they still be taking my box when the come to install the new HR20?

I am in your same situation. The $99 swap out deal was the best offer I have received after 5-6 calls so I took it because I was getting tired of calling repeatedly. I asked if I got to keep my owned HR10-250, she put me on hold and then came back and said yes.

It called back and got the $99 offer. They did tell me I would have to return my HR10, and, if I wasn't happy with the HR20, I would be out the $99. This is going to be a tough decision.

Ted

I called this morning and got the HR20. The rep originally said that it would be a $99 swap out fee for my owned HR10 but I told her that it was promised for free a week earlier (that rep noted the account). She put me on hold for a minute and came back and said they would honor that promise so they just charged me the $19.99 "delivery fee"...

Hello all.
called to ask about the pricing for the new hd dvr and was quoted 299.00 but because i was such a good customer they would credit me back 150.00. i just had a free hr10-250 installed 11 days ago so i didnt expect anything. i cant really complain at all, if i were to break it down 2 hd dvr for 150 bucks is a great deal, even though Vurbano will tell me it wasnt because it is hd lite and the ota tuners dont work on the new one. but im happy with the way directv has taken care of me

ncted said:
It called back and got the $99 offer. They did tell me I would have to return my HR10, and, if I wasn't happy with the HR20, I would be out the $99. This is going to be a tough decision.

Ted

Also, they said running additional cable was not included in the free installation, but the new dish was.

Ted

I've only been a customer for a little less than 2 years, my current equipment consists of:

(1) DirecTV HD H10
(1) Samsung SIR-S4080R (TiVO)
(2) Standard DirecTV Boxes

I really dont see why they can't give me a break, I've had this HD/Tivo setup from the beginning... "I just want HD recording" :D

I will make another run at it tonight and see if I can get a better deal.

charper1,

I can't really remember, I would have to look. I do know it was not free. Does it make a difference?

Update: Just Called again

I must be on their naughty list, I keep calling and they all say $299. I ask if they have any deals, and they respond, "We have lowered our price because of demand from $399 to $299. I cannot believe you guys are getting these offers. :(

I was also told that I own my equipment which I was unaware of; I found that interesting and she said anything after March 2006 is Leased. *Sigh* I will just have to wait on this one then.

Last edited:
TC Premiere - MLB EI - Auto Pay - Service since 1/06 (9 Months)

I get ---

$199 for the box
4 Months free HD Pack
Free 5 LNB Install
Keep my HR 10-250 (owned)

Not as good as some, but good enough. Install is Tuesday.

mikew said:
TC Premiere - MLB EI - Auto Pay - Service since 1/06 (9 Months)

I get ---

$199 for the box
4 Months free HD Pack
Free 5 LNB Install
Keep my HR 10-250 (owned)

Not as good as some, but good enough. Install is Tuesday.

TC Premiere no locals - MLB EI- NFL ST PLUS SUPERFAN-NHL CI - HD PACK- DNS -Auto Pay - Service since 6/04 (2 Years 3 Months)

i got
2 hr20 dvr's$199 for the box
Multiswitch Included
5 LNB Dish
Keep HR 10-250 (owned, upgraded 103HD Record Time)
plus 2 year commitment upgrade
Install 10-3-06 1-5PM CST and Oct 4- 2006 8-12PM CST

through Customer Retention

Last edited:
I don't think they are rubbing it in. The longer you have been a customer plus your payment history will go a long way toward dictating what reward you will get for loyalty, especially if your previous commitment has expired. Two years probaly won't cut it, but may get you a programing offer or 10 a month off your bill for a few months.

After reading this thread, I pass this info on to two of my workers (both have an installation this weekend). I received the following in my inbox this morning:

WOW, you are my hero. (And I thought I was cheap) After about a half hour on the phone, being very polite, I was able to get a $300.00 credit and ended up paying only $19.95 for the whole thing. THANKS, I owe you lunch for sure. Pick a place next week and we'll do a "Work" lunch.

Anyway, you guys are great...thanks!

Just had another friend send me this:

Just got off the phone, they are bringing not one, but two HD20-700 out to my house next weekend. She said that since I have an older Samsung HD (non-DVR) receiver, that they could replace that one also with the new HD20-700. They would not go for the $19.95 deal though - I was told that has expired and there was nothing she could do. They are now only offering the $99 deal. After about 30 mins of negotiating, she came back and said I could get 1 year free Showtime (I already have HBO and Showtime) and 8 months free HD programming (already have that also) - which more than covers the cost of (2 x $99) that I would have to pay. So I will recoup the cost, it will just take about 8 months...

Not bad. So I end up having three HD DVR's (because I can keep the old HD10-250) at least until they switch to the new MPEG 4, than I can use it just for standard DVR.

VERY COOL!!!

Hr20-700

:D Just got off the phone w/D* concerning the $99 charge for this unit. After being swithed several time, I finally got a lovely lady who listened to my story about the offer that was made to me when I signed up for NFLST and got the HR10-250 free with the promise of a "free" swap of the HR10-250 when the HR20-700 was released. After convincing her that I was not interested in the NFLST offer when I originally called for the HR20, but was informed that if I take the NFLST offer I would be able to switch boxes when the new came out.

SHE PUT ME ON HOLD FOR 2 MINUTES.............,

$99 fee waived
no shipping & handling costs.

Installation on 9/21

:D :hatsoff: :D :up :up :up

free-1 said:
:D Just got off the phone w/D* concerning the $99 charge for this unit. After being swithed several time, I finally got a lovely lady who listened to my story about the offer that was made to me when I signed up for NFLST and got the HR10-250 free with the promise of a "free" swap of the HR10-250 when the HR20-700 was released. After convincing her that I was not interested in the NFLST offer when I originally called for the HR20, but was informed that if I take the NFLST offer I would be able to switch boxes when the new came out.

SHE PUT ME ON HOLD FOR 2 MINUTES.............,

$99 fee waived
no shipping & handling costs.

Installation on 9/21

:D :hatsoff: :D :up :up :up

What part of the country are you in?

Ready to call on monday to try this

*Detroit Area*

Wish me luck! I was also promised a "next to free" upgrade pricing for the upgrade.. I own my h10-250 that cost me $700 at the beginning of this year. :eek:

Good To Go!

:D Im good to go. Got my upgrade today. Sked for install on 26 Sep. Got the swap deal for my HR10-250....will rcv the HR20-700 plus 5 lnb dish. Cost $99.
Also purchased a HR20-700 from Value Electronics. Last week.
Should be here next week. Now I can get rid of this OTA!!! :)
I fall under the Wash D.C. area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)