New HR-20 DVR 19.99 From Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

EZ-GUY

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
New HR20 DVR 19.99 From Directv

I called Directv and ordered the HR20 DVR today.

It will be installed on 9/28/2006 and is $19.99 with a 2yr commitment and that includes the 5 lnb dish. The rep read off the specs and it is the new 300GB Hard Drive D* HD-DVR.

There are no HD locals yet in my area but they still want to upgrade the dish and all for $19.99.

Last edited:
slacker9876 said:
Sorry to disappoint ... it is NOT a DVR.

From DTV site, the work order.

Attachments

• dtv.jpg
    dtv.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 539
It is the HR20 DVR. He read the spec which included MPG4 200hours SD, 30-50 HD depending MPG2-4. He stated they could not release this model until Setember 13th. Check the work order attached above.

where are you located.... could be the HR10-250. You have got a sweet deal if it is indeed the HR20

Why is it so damn hard for them to list model numbers on POs, WOs, packing lists and bills like everyone else in the world?

charper1 said:
Why is it so damn hard for them to list model numbers on POs, WOs, packing lists and bills like everyone else in the world?

Ha, ha, :hatsoff:

D* only shows the HR20 on their site as of today Sep. 13th.

asousa said:
where are you located.... could be the HR10-250. You have got a sweet deal if it is indeed the HR20
I think the fact that it say "Expanded HD Prog. Capable" on his work order means it's the HR20-700.

Hello Everyone,

After being on hold for almost 25 minutes, I have just ordered the HR-20 DVR from Directv today for $19.99 (shipping/delivery) charges. I asked to have the DVR sent to my home, since I know how to install it already, I informed them that I don't need an installer, I already own (not leased), 3 DVRs. Needless to say, I am breathless with anticipation. I'm certainly glad I called today, the person stated that this was a special (Ok, whatever's clever), of course there is a catch, a 2 year committent. However, since I already commited 6 months ago when I upgraded to HD, it was cool with me :cool: .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

slacker9876 said:
Sorry to disappoint ... it is NOT a DVR.

Sorry to disappoint Slacker but it is, and its available in Longmont 18 miles south of you. Just got off the phone with DirecTV about an hour ago. Ordered my HR20-700 for free, and yes its the HD DVR. Retention rep said they were released for orders nationally about 48 hours ago. Rep said the Buestbuy.com lead period had to run its course before they got the go ahead to release.

No $19.95 shipping & handling fee on this end, since they have to return to install a 5X8 multi-switch that did not get done when the AT-9 antennae was installed 3 weeks ago (tech didn't have one with him).

I had no prob holding off on the multi-switch installation since the H-20 (free) was good for all my HD needs until the "promised" HR20-700 (as part of my "retention package") became available this month.

So next week they install the multi-switch, run one additional cable so I can use my Phillips SD TIVO in another room, and set up the HD-DVR. I'll keep the H-20 for future use and disconnect one of my very old SD receivers.

I August retention gave me a sweetheart of a deal on HD packaging & equipment which included this final install that was impossible to refuse, and completed it exactly as promised on the original order. I have no complaints.

Last edited:
I dunno how you guys pulled it off, but I called and the only offer I got was $299 :( , What exactly did you say to the CSR? She also said it is only in Los Angeles right now. Ouch!! I'm really bummed about the price.

LuRcH1080i said:
I dunno how you guys pulled it off, but I called and the only offer I got was $299 :( , What exactly did you say to the CSR? She also said it is only in Los Angeles right now. Ouch!! I'm really bummed about the price.

DTV customer for 8 years and excellent credit with them. I was at the end of my previous committment. I had been waiting for HD locals in the Denver area since OTA was next to impossible where I live.

I called retention. I was polite and told them I wanted to upgrade to HD, and asked them what was the best deal they could give me for a 2 year commitment.

My set-up then was: 4 sd rcvrs (1 TIVO SD RCVR); Total Choice Plus, SD locals HBO & Showtime. I have one HDTV (55inch LCD) in the home.

Retention gave me:
AT-9 antennae
H-20 HD receiver
Free installation
Free upgrade to the NEW HDDVR when available in the Denver area
HD Locals,
Total Choice Plus,
HBO HD & Showtime HD
6 months free HD package

All for the same exact monthly cost as I am currently paying. No extra out of pocket expenses unless I opt for the HD package after 6months ($9.99).

Since it isn't costing me even a penny to upgrade to HD with locals and a free upgrade to the new HDDVR it was a "no brainer". :D

Last edited:
LuRcH1080i said:

I ended up calling the main number, and I was eventully referred to the Customer installation group (~ 30 minutes total, so be prepared). I spoke to CSR a couple of hours before, and they provided minimal options and wasn't aware of the DVRs availability. This of course is the readers digest version, hope it helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
EZ-GUY said:
From DTV site, the work order.

I was told I was getting one when they are available, but I don't see it on the web site in my orders. Should I see it like you do?

ktk3438 said:
I was told I was getting one when they are available, but I don't see it on the web site in my orders. Should I see it like you do?

I would think so. I'd call them and ask for it.

LuRcH1080i said:

I just got off the phone with D*. Ordered the HR20 for ........... $99 w/swap of the leased hr10-250. I tried to tell the CSR that I was told this would be a free swap of the HR10-250 and after reading the different amounts being charged, I think I'll be back on the phone to see about getting a better deal. Still $99 is an okay deal for the price, but I want D* to live up to there promises made when they were trying to unload the hr10-250's and sell you the NFLST promotion. I'm in the Philly area and this is the first time a CSR even understood which dvr I was talking about. Installation set for 9/21........ I'll keep you posted on my efforts for a better deal.:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)