New HR20 software update- 00DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66857

Fixes

Video playback freezing/black screen
Loss of trick play in a currently recording program. When this occured, the program recording would corrupt and would be unplaybe.
Canceled programs rescheduling. (Due to higher priority shows being canceled in conflict resolution dialogs, the background process would reschedule the higher priority show)
Find By Channel, would return results on "hidden" channels. This is NOT related to Favorites or Channels you receive.
Recording the same show, on channels with the same channel number, would result in a corrupted recording. (Example: Trying to record the show from the HD Local and the SD Local at the same time)
Adding extensions to a recording, via UPDATE... would not trigger conflicts.
Caller ID - "Call your service provider", should no longer appear if you are a Caller-Id subscriber.

Improvements

HDMI - Additional compatibility updates
More stability fixes
Category guide filter performance

New Features

No new features where introduced with this version

Known Issues with release

Pixelization During FF/RW functions. Noticeable primariy in 1080i/720p MPEG4 recordings, while FF/RW the video play pixelizes. This is due to updates with the MPEG4 code (which was changed to address other issues), the pixelizing will be corrected in a future release.

Notes

The black screen recordings should now be corrected. However, programs recorded on previous versions of the software will still have the problem.

After this upgrade, my local recordings have gotten horrible. I can't FF/RR on a consistent basis. A teal screen pops up, but audio remains (clears after a second or two). Pixelization occurs during playback w/ an horrible audio feedback. I haven't noticed this w/ mpeg 2 HD recordings. Though when I turn on my HR20 I have no sounds until I change channels. I was very happy w/ the HR20, but it appears the most recent upgrade did not take too well on my HR20.

Has anyone seen these issues? :confused:

I'm still wondering how you know if they have done an update or not. Where do I check?

I'm still wondering how you know if they have done an update or not. Where do I check?

do this pal:

1. Press Menu on remote
2. help & Settings (press select)
3. setup (press select)
4. info & test (press select)
5. you should be prompted to system info, push down on the down arrow key and scroll down and you will see the software version, past and present.

And it will show the date and time it was updated.

Hope this helps

Anyone have the release notes for OXE3 yet?

Fixes

* Local channels in Hawaii now available
* Close caption when two languages available
* FF loop bug on MPEG-4 programs
* Variety of Miscelanious fixes (no specifics provided)

Improvements

* MPEG4 Picture Quality during TrickPlay motions (FF, RW, 30s, ect)
* 30s SLIP during MPEG4 playback
* User interface polishing (Example: $ now appearing next to PPV programs in MyVod)
* User interface performance
* Faster resolution change
* Continued stability improvements
* Additional HDMI compatibility improvements

New Features

* No new features where introduced with this version

Although no OTA HD as of yet as it's not activated ... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts