New HR21 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

7thton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
I just got a new HR21 and an R15 installed about 3 hours ago. The HR21 seems sluggish to my remote presses. For example, moving through the guide seems sluggish, as does entering in searches.

The program guide data is still downloading, if that matters.

The R15, on the other hand, is NOT sluggish. It moves through menus and the guide with very, very little delay.

Is the HR21 that much slower than the R15, or will the HR21 get faster once it is done downloading the guide data, etc.?

The HR20 and HR21 move slowly when changing channels. My undertanding is that it is buffering a second or two to the hdd when you change to a new channel. I have noticed if I "catch up" to live TV and press the ff button one to many times, I start to see skipping in the programming. Pausing it a second or two fixes the problem. This holds true on all 4 of my HR20's.

The HR20 and HR21 move slowly when changing channels. My undertanding is that it is buffering a second or two to the hdd when you change to a new channel. I have noticed if I "catch up" to live TV and press the ff button one to many times, I start to see skipping in the programming. Pausing it a second or two fixes the problem. This holds true on all 4 of my HR20's.

But I'm talking about when I'm moving through the guide and entering in text.

Yes, it's very slow on just about all responses to the remote over my other recievers too, especially on the guide, that's normal for the HR21 it seems.

Yup. It's slow alright. The most annoying thing for me is that when I change channels, the info bar for the first channel appears. Sometimes after a fast-forward the sound has a hard time catching up.

They are working on the guide speed in the software. The release notes for the next CE release indicate some improvements there. Though, I think the sluggishness is just the nature of these models. Hopefully, they can tune the software a bit.

You get used to it though. The first few hours I had the HR21 I thought it was going to be unusable. It has gotten a little better with new software versions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)