New Hughesnet .74 dish hardware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikeroberson2006

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Anyone else having problems with the new hughesnet .74 dish and tightening the azimuth bolts with the new hardware. Is Hughesnet working on this problem and if not, how can we get them to work on this problem?
Thanks

If the bolts just had more shoulder depth they would work fine. As they are they are a real PAIN! I use needle nose pliers to hold the head in and curse the whole time.

Is this the dish?

Attachments

• prodelin.jpg
    prodelin.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 826
Yeah thats it. Yesterday i figured a way around it. I took the nuts off of the azimuth bolts and switched them for other nuts/lock washers in the bolt pack, much easier now.

An easy fix for this... just put the elevation up high enough so you can use a ratchet and snug the bolts just so they are seated. Put elevation back to where it should be, tune as usual, and they will not spin.

On another note about this pos dish............. do not try to replace the tx without taking the dish down. It is so wimpy that it will bend the area where the arm meets the dish if you are not VERY careful. Had it happen to me on a hard to reach one and it bent, changing the focal point to where it would not work. :mad:

I know hughes is trying to compete with WB, but I think they would be better off trying to be the BEST and not the Cheapest. Do you want a Cadillac or a Hugo? :rolleyes:

what do you think of the larger dish offered by Hughes for the small business services. It is supposed to have a .98 m Antenna & 2 W Radio, compared to the "residential" equipment of 74 m Antenna &
1 W Radio. Will I see a noticeable difference or a waste of money? The FAP is also different in the residential vs business. Any comments out there would be greatly appreciated.
J & W in Alabama

what do you think of the larger dish offered by Hughes for the small business services. It is supposed to have a .98 m Antenna & 2 W Radio, compared to the "residential" equipment of 74 m Antenna &
1 W Radio. Will I see a noticeable difference or a waste of money? The FAP is also different in the residential vs business. Any comments out there would be greatly appreciated.
J & W in Alabama

The biggest difference you will see will be in the upload speeds. Also if you plan to be very active on it "working from home" I would recommend you go with the small office plan. I you do not want to go with the small office right away you can still upgrade your initial install to the .98 with 2 watt unit so you would have it in case you might upgrade in the future. That would be what I would probably do in your situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts