New HWS question

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Upgraded my original Hopper today with no drama but find one oddity. I use the multi-channel recall feature and the previous 4 - channels are now blank, just a grey box with the channel name below them. They do function normally but the empty boxes is not right. I've done a "red button" reset as well as a full power down and I've switched the guide settings back & forth with no change. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

This is normal since you just received your Hopper today. It will be updating for the next several days until it runs normal.

Really? Seems odd since guide is fully downloaded complete with logos - I'll give it a little time & check, thanks.

I'll do that but it's very strange - the logos were definitely present immediately after the installation but disappeared.

No doubt. The one thing I immediately noticed is the lag navigating is gone. I think the HWS has a faster CPU but regardless, much faster response initiating all commands.

You guys were right - recall channels have their logos back after nightly update. Only thing still missing I've noticed so far is the logos on the PTAT recorded channels & expect them to return as well.

You guys were right - recall channels have their logos back after nightly update. Only thing still missing I've noticed so far is the logos on the PTAT recorded channels & expect them to return as well.

Mine took three days for everything to set up.

It is so annoying to try to explain to people when you install these things that they will take several days before really settling down and running smooth. I just tell people 3 weeks so I don't get the chance of them calling back under 12 days to give me a TC 12 for something stupid.

It is so annoying to try to explain to people when you install these things that they will take several days before really settling down and running smooth. I just tell people 3 weeks so I don't get the chance of them calling back under 12 days to give me a TC 12 for something stupid.

The larger reason for the questions are that there's no definitive correct answer. I replaced 1 original Hopper with another and it was completely flush as soon as initialized and updated right out of the box. It's the inconsistency that throws people especially, non-technical folks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)