New Idea.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
If i removed the xbox 360 fans that it came with and put different ones, will this fix the issue with the noise? If not i may need to return my 360 to costco and get another one to see if this issue gets fixed.

costco is stopping the blanket return policy. to many people took advantage of ripping them off.

depending on how old your 360 is, it might void the warranty.

alot of people make a bigger deal about the fans than they really are. the hard drive is usually noiser.

enjoy your 360. it is the best value gaming machine out there.

Well i enjoy both of my consoles PS3 and 360, its just i am planning to get the HD-DVD drive and when i watch movies id love to not hear the sound of the fans :).
I bought my 360 this last november.

I don't own a 360, but are the fans that loud, that your sound system won't over power them while watching a movie.

Sound system has nothing to do it, im the kinda of person that notices a fly going around when im watching a movie..its just annoying to watch a movie with 50% sound on and still be able to hear the fans. BTW i don't sit too far away from the console either.

I bought my 360 in november too icewolf and the fans in mine are barely noticeable. Granted a ps3 is quieter, honestly not by much compared to my 360. I would check into warranty service if your fans are that loud.

Well I don't know what your problem is then, the fans on mine are NOT that loud. The DVD drive is a little louder than what would be ideal but not the fans. The console is really not any louder then the PS3 except the DVD drive.

Posted this in my thread about my new 360, but I noticed a difference in how loud my new 360 is compared to my old 360. Old one, didn't run full blast other than certain spots in a game, new one, pretty much fans are going full out even if you're not playing game.

I think, the difference is, MS decided to turn the fans all the way up, so that over heat issues wouldn't be an issue, hence more noise.

New 360's manufactor date is November of 2006, old one was November/December of 05.

I agree the system is pretty loud but I've never noticed while watching a movie on it, whether it was with the unit drive or the HD DVD drive. As a side note, I like to feel like I'm at the movies so my sound system is loud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)