New Install - Bum Remote??

illin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
Just got my 622 installed today...REALLY am happy with the quality of everything. Except for the NASA sized dish on my house, all is very good.

Sans one thing...my UHF remote.

Is it possible that the IR function on these remotes can be "bad"?

On my second TV (the coax TV2), the UHF functions are just fine...brand new batteries, even swapped the Funai batteries with real ones. UHF is good, but IR is really, really sketchy.

IF I hold the remote right in front of the TV, the remote will turn the TV off about 1/4 times and will mute it 1/4 tries. Volume up or down is 1/10...if I mash it 10 times, it may go one or two volume ticks up or down. The OEM remote works fine...no issues. If I back up 10', I get zippo...nada IR at all. I tried bot the "code" and the "search" and I get the same results with both.

Before I get on permahold...is it possible this is just a bad remote? It will grow very old having two remotes out as it is hard enough to keep track of one. I am guessing install guys dont carry extra remotes.

Any thoughts?

Oh, it is a normal Zenith TV and I have use a few different brands of universal remotes over the years...so it has to be the dish remote.

Ok...a bit of troubleshooting...

Grabbed the IR remote from my TV1 (where the 622 is) and went up to TV2 and reprogrammed it. It works much better - volume is 3/4, but not great.

What gives with these IR remotes? Are there any other options?

Problem solved...sorry for hogging bandwidth. Seems my TV actually had about 15 codes that sort of worked..but only one did a proper job. Took two solid hours of detective work, but everything is golden!

Absolutely love the new service. I cannot believe I stuck with Charter so long.

If anyone really has a bad one, call tech support. They will trouble shoot to make sure it is not user error. If not, they will send you a new one, but charge a shipping fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)