New install coax question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcm13

Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My system was installed today(8/15). I have (1) HR24, (1) H24, & (2) SD units...MRV w/ Sunday Ticket promo, great deal! The 4 tv's are supplied with 15 year old rg59 coax. I asked the installer if he was going to run new rg6. He said no, the rg59 "is as good or better than rg6 for single line". Is this true? Should I run new rg6 myself? The picture quality is comparable to the Comcast HD I had. I thought about refusing install, but when I saw I was getting the (2) 24 model units I didn't want to send the guy away. Also, is it better to connect the units with phone line or cat5 to my DSL router? Or both? Thanks!

Rg6 is prefered and a requirement from Directv for install. I would request that the sytem be installed properly.

DO NOT plug your receivers into your router. This will disable the DECA unit built in and kill your MRV function. A DECA unit should have been installed when the system was put in to connect you to the internet. A phone line will be fine to do PPV if that is all you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts