New Install - Have questions

pjsjeep

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
Tuscaloosa AL
I had a 2 hopper and 2 joey install done couple of days ago. I have just a few questions that need answers.

1. The two hoppers show up,. but hopper 2 and Joey 2 can not see EHD on hopper 1? I was thinking they should with WHOLE HOME? Whole Home setup is not showing all 4 devices, should it?

2. Ethernet hooked up to hopper 1, hopper 2 and both Joey's not connecting to Ethernet. I get FAILED on all three?

3. How to edit PTAT settings? I found I can change channels and days, but it is starting 3 mins early and ending 2 mins late. I would like to change this....I know its not a big deal...

4. If all three tuners in use on Hopper 1, how do I get to the tuners on hopper 2? I get to hopper 2 DVR.

5. DRA does not see EHD or connect to hopper 2 (no Ethernet).

I am liking the 1080 picture and PTAT. Thanks for any help.....I am thinking the wiring setup is off.....MoCA not right????

1. The EHD is only viewable on the Hopper it is connected to and the Joeys linked to that Hopper. If you want to view the EHD content from a Joey, then just link that Joey to the Hopper with the EHD.

2. Try enabling BRIDGING on the Hopper WITH the Internet connection. Go to the Broadband setup menu and select Moca from the drop down then press the blue button 2x. ENABLE.

3. You can't change the PTAT end early/late times.

4. You would have to go to the Hopper 2 in order to access Hopper 2 tuners. The DVRs can share DVR contents but not tuners.

5. I'm pretty certain EHD contents don't show up on Dish Online.

1.So, Hopper 2 cant see it? what if I am in the room with Hopper 2 and want to watch something on EHD? THat is a bummer....EHD in Den and Hopper 2 in my office.....oh well....
2. thanks, I couldn't find it.....but will try again following your tip.
3. Bummer !
4??? Not sure
5. it showed on my 722......Funny how you gain something and lose something when you gain....

Thanks Lucky86 for quick reply

You would need to go to Hopper 1 to view the EHD content or physically connect the EHD to Hopper 2.

Ive heard about some people being able to see the EHD on the 722 via Dish Online while I never could.But officially EHD content is not supported via Dish Online.

4. Not sure....You can view DVR content from either Hopper while viewing from either Hopper, part of DVR sharing. But full integration to allow you to access Hopper 2's tuners while viewing from Hopper 1 is not there. That won't work. Hopefully that is less confusing.

Last edited:
I have 2h/2j and 1 external device [hard drive]. I have the option of viewing the ext HD on all my devices. Press DVR, move cursor to the right one click to the drop-down with the name of your Hopper. You should have the option to watch DVR content on either Hopper or the ext HD.

I am a newbie to the hopper / joey system.

1: I have the same problem, calls to tech supportand they told me that this is the correct mode of operation.... can only be viewed on the hopper that it is connected to and the joeys linked to that hopper...so much for the whole home DVR

Bill

I had a 2 hopper and 2 joey install done couple of days ago. I have just a few questions that need answers.

1. The two hoppers show up,. but hopper 2 and Joey 2 can not see EHD on hopper 1? I was thinking they should with WHOLE HOME? Whole Home setup is not showing all 4 devices, should it?

2. Ethernet hooked up to hopper 1, hopper 2 and both Joey's not connecting to Ethernet. I get FAILED on all three?

3. How to edit PTAT settings? I found I can change channels and days, but it is starting 3 mins early and ending 2 mins late. I would like to change this....I know its not a big deal...

4. If all three tuners in use on Hopper 1, how do I get to the tuners on hopper 2? I get to hopper 2 DVR.

5. DRA does not see EHD or connect to hopper 2 (no Ethernet).

I am liking the 1080 picture and PTAT. Thanks for any help.....I am thinking the wiring setup is off.....MoCA not right????

I have 2h/2j and 1 external device [hard drive]. I have the option of viewing the ext HD on all my devices. Press DVR, move cursor to the right one click to the drop-down with the name of your Hopper. You should have the option to watch DVR content on either Hopper or the ext HD.

Not working for me.....I can drop down and see the other hopper but not the EHD on the other hopper. EHD can be seen from Joey attached to that hopper.

1. The EHD is only viewable on the Hopper it is connected to and the Joeys linked to that Hopper. If you want to view the EHD content from a Joey, then just link that Joey to the Hopper with the EHD.

2. Try enabling BRIDGING on the Hopper WITH the Internet connection. Go to the Broadband setup menu and select Moca from the drop down then press the blue button 2x. ENABLE.

3. You can't change the PTAT end early/late times.

4. You would have to go to the Hopper 2 in order to access Hopper 2 tuners. The DVRs can share DVR contents but not tuners.

5. I'm pretty certain EHD contents don't show up on Dish Online.

Bridging worked. All 4 are on Internet now....still no EHD on dish online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts