New Install Impressions

Range007 said:
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

BUT!! It looks like I spoke to soon about my installation. Tonight when I got home I had a screen that says I am not receiving signal. There was off and on rain today in my area but it wasn't heavy nor any thunderstorm, lightning or thunder either. The message which was displayed on my receiver listed troubleshooting steps which instructed me to unplug for 10 seconds and in 5 minutes all should be done. Well that didn't work. Followed all troubleshoot steps such as checking connections, etc and nothing has helped. Called the local authorized reseller but they just have a message where they will call back as soon as they can. Probably after hours so won't hear back till morning. Called dish and they went through some check switch step but my lack of Dish service is left unchanged. National DISH told me they could have someone here on Thursday afternoon. :mad: But I believe (hope) the local authorized reseller and their technician will hopefully be out tomorrow to fix whatever is bunked up. Not too happy only TWO days in and this mess :mad:

Many years ago i had odd problems with a 722. Lost signal, not weather related, was the big one. Tech came checked dish alignment etc. Problem returned. The bottom line was i was told that the dish receiver should be plugged directly into the wall, not into a surge protector or power strip. Don't know if that solved the problem but the problem did go away. I have always plugged directly into wall since. Except for a dying hard drive never had the problem again.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys

Well, thought I'd provide a quick update. The problem turned out to be Charter and its technician. When they went to disconnect my cable Internet service (I didn't have tv services). They disconnected the Dish cabling and put a double stopper or whatever it was the Dish technician had said. Total external factor in this case. I am calling Charter to voice my extreme displeasure. Once again thanks for all the input, I've definitely learned more than I previously knew.

I prefer pluggung a DVR into an UPS. It prevents alot of problems and stops atwo second outage from ruininga recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts