New Install - No Phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rgn2000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
I want to switch to DTV, but I was told by an installer (who will not be my installer) that Directv requires that all installs are hooked up to a phone line to complete the installation. Currently I have DISH and I do not have a hook up and I use a different address then where I am physically. Now my plan is after a month or so, with the new install of DTV, I will "move."

Now if forced to, I do have access to the phone line next to the recivers, but I want to tell DTV and the installer I don't, but if they force the issue, can I then unplug the phone line after the installer leaves?

Also I don't order any PPV's or anything like that, but I will probably order the MLB and NFL package. Can anybody confirm that they are ordering that without having a phone line hookup? In the past they wanted hook ups because they wanted to know if it was a bar which is a different sub I guess.

Thanks for any help

A phone line is not required to have service with D*. Although both D* and the D* installers will suggest that you have the equipment connected to a phone line.

It was my understanding that if you want more than one receiver on the account for you to get the channels mirrored on the other receivers.

I will have 2 receivers, but what about ordering NFL and MLB?

or do what i did i just had the phone line in when they activated just to make sure it went well. Then unplugged them . I have 4 recievers and no phone lines hooked up. If you network your hddvr,s to your network you can then order your ppv as the netork connections downloads ppv information.

or do what i did i just had the phone line in when they activated just to make sure it went well. Then unplugged them . I have 4 recievers and no phone lines hooked up. If you network your hddvr,s to your network you can then order your ppv as the netork connections downloads ppv information.

Someone posted one time that he handed them a phone line to plug into the back of the receiver but there was nothing connected to the other end, it was just lying behind his sofa.

Ok, how about this one. I could "move" but tell them my number will be the same because "I have vonage" and I need to still have that area code because I still do a lot of business in that area. That would work if I am forced to initially plug the phone line in. Has anyone tried this?

With Dish when I "moved" the person never asked me for a new number. If they did, I would have told them it is my cell phone and I still have it because it is a business phone. At that time, I was never plugged into the phone line so they would never question me on if it was really a cell phone or not.

Thanks

Ok, how about this one. I could "move" but tell them my number will be the same because "I have vonage" and I need to still have that area code because I still do a lot of business in that area. That would work if I am forced to initially plug the phone line in. Has anyone tried this?

With Dish when I "moved" the person never asked me for a new number. If they did, I would have told them it is my cell phone and I still have it because it is a business phone. At that time, I was never plugged into the phone line so they would never question me on if it was really a cell phone or not.

Thanks

Move and don't worry about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)