new install of hr24 and h24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

suzook

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Cutting Edge
Feb 13, 2006
I had a new install yesterday of a hr24 and h24...and have mrv.....He set it up somehow temporarilly to get mrv working..mrv is working fine...but i want to be able to connect my ethernet for on demand.....I have a cat5 at each receiver, can i just plug in the cat5 on each one and use apps and such over my network? Would this affect the mrv? Would I have to reset the mrv? Basically my question is...Can I use my home network to use on demand and mrv? Thanks for any help.

You could, but MRV performance might suffer. The official way is to get an "internet connection kit" which includes a DECA adapter and power module. This gets connected to your coax network with ethernet to your router, bridging the "DECA cloud" to your home network. You can buy these from some dealers but it is only $25 from Directv, which is much less.

Since you just had the equipment installed, hopefully Directv will waive a further installation fee (you should have been offered this initially).

Last edited:
Thanks Bob...I figured it out. I needed to reset both receivers. They automatically connected to the internet, and MRV is working great. BTW...wired ethernet is just as good as the deca setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts