New install question NW Ohio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rancidzombie79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Just a quick question. I am set up for a new install of the Primier HD/DVR pack with my Toledo, OH locals, and the statement lists:

5-LNB Multi Satellite Dish KaKu Compatible
Additional Satellite Dish

Will I need two dishes to get my locals, and all the HD channels? My reason for questioning is that I rent my house, but I have Dish Network and they have no problems with a satellite dish on the roof, but I would want to double check with them in advance about a second dish.

My zip code is 43551.

Thanks.

Just a quick question. I am set up for a new install of the Primier HD/DVR pack with my Toledo, OH locals, and the statement lists:

Will I need two dishes to get my locals, and all the HD channels? My reason for questioning is that I rent my house, but I have Dish Network and they have no problems with a satellite dish on the roof, but I would want to double check with them in advance about a second dish.

My zip code is 43551.

Thanks.

Your sd locals come from the 72.5 sat, so you need a second dish to get those channels. I don't think hd locals are available yet.

My zip code is 43551.

Thanks.

Your sd locals come from the 72.5 sat, so you need a second dish to get those channels. I don't think hd locals are available yet.

You are correct Chip,
He will need 2 dishes for the time being, until the new sat is up and they get around to turning up the Toledo HD channels.

rancidzombie,
Is there any chance you can use an OTA antenna ?
You'll get many more channels and sub channels as well, subs are not on D* as of yet.
I'm about 20 minutes from you in Sylvania, if you get hung up.

Where abouts in P-burg are you ?

Jimbo

I am in Perrysburg too and get my locals with an antenna. 11, 13, 24, and 36 all come in in HD quite well. I would go this route. The whole second dish thing sucks. The Toledo HD locals were announced over a year ago, so I would assume they will be one of the first ones launched when the new sat becomes active.

I have an indoor OTA antenna that works just fine, so I really don't want a second dish just for locals. Right now it's plugged into my Dish reciever, I've never tried to plug it directly into the television. I should play around with that.

If I do this, will I automatically get my HD Locals when they're available, or will I have to do something to "activate" them?

I have an indoor OTA antenna that works just fine, so I really don't want a second dish just for locals. Right now it's plugged into my Dish reciever, I've never tried to plug it directly into the television. I should play around with that.

If I do this, will I automatically get my HD Locals when they're available, or will I have to do something to "activate" them?

Skip the 2nd dish, why pay for them when you can get them and the sub channels for free !

Plug the indoor antenna into your rec and you have a recordable signal that works thru the D* guide .

If you want , you can split the coax from the OTA antenna and run one into the rec. and one into the TV as well :)

Jimbo

Skip the 2nd dish, why pay for them when you can get them and the sub channels for free !

Plug the indoor antenna into your rec and you have a recordable signal that works thru the D* guide .

If you want , you can split the coax from the OTA antenna and run one into the rec. and one into the TV as well :)

Jimbo

I thought if I get an HR21 reciever you cannot use OTA (at least not yet). I do not know what I am going to get, but it sounds like most installs now give you this reciever. If so, how will I have a recordable signal through the guide? Or is this after the tuner comes out in March??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)