New Install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wacat

Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Texas
I just signed up for DirecTV and wondered if anyone knew what receivers they are setting up now? When I got Dish they gave me an old model even though I asked for the 722 (I now know that they can't guarantee a model). I just don't want to get stuck with an HR23. Thanks.

Whatever the installer rolls with on the truck there are no promises. I got a referbished D-11 when I signed up a year ago.

wacat said:
I just signed up for DirecTV and wondered if anyone knew what receivers they are setting up now? When I got Dish they gave me an old model even though I asked for the 722 (I now know that they can't guarantee a model). I just don't want to get stuck with an HR23. Thanks.

I signed up through Dish Store with Claude and they helped me throughout the process to ensure I got what I wanted.

Suggestion: when installer calls before coming, confirm equipment to be installed. If not happy, cancel.

Great advice. Will do!

I signed up through Dish Store with Claude and they helped me throughout the process to ensure I got what I wanted.

Suggestion: when installer calls before coming, confirm equipment to be installed. If not happy, cancel.

Iceberg said:
If you ordered MRV (whole home) the odds of getting a HR24 goes up

Iceberg, they've since starting putting receiver deca's on our vans for when an upgrade is scheduled we put them on ALL MRV capable receivers weather they're getting an MRV upgrade or not. However all we've been installing is HR24's, H24's and H25's. Which IMO are much better receivers to have anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Special event channels

Ouestion about Family package

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)