Ouestion about Family package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Where can I get the complete full channel list for the family package? All the ones on the net are old, Directs webs site don't have it and the one here at satellite guys conflicts with what I read on the net and was told on the phone with DTV. Any full current lists???

I would go with the most current one, Directv's.

what conflicts are there between the D* list and here?

I guess once you change you can post the list here so we know ;)

Here is what 2 other sites show as i Family which pretty much matches up what is posted here

BLOOMBERG
BOOMERANG
BYU TV
CTN
CHURCH CHANNEL
CSPAN 1
CSPAN 2
DAYSTAR
DISNEY EAST
DISNEY WEST
DISNEY XD
DIY
EWTN
DISCOVERY FIT
FOOD TV
GOD TV
GOSPEL MUSIC
HALLMARK
HEADLINE NEWS
HITN
HGTV
HSN
HOPE CHANNEL
JLTV
LINK TV
NASA
NAT GEO
NICK JR
NICK EAST
NICK WEST
NICKTOONS
NRB
SPROUT
RFD TV
SHOPNBC
TCT
TEENNICK
TBN
WEATHER
WORD NETWORK

what conflicts are there between the D* list and here?

I guess once you change you can post the list here so we know ;)

I talked to Direct today they said the Hub is included :) WHT (although I get on FTA) Science Channel and a few others. Satellite guys is missing them plus Sonic stations (No biggie I get all DMX in multiple places)

Direct has no list posted, All I found was from 3rd party installers on the web some with this or that. The price is still $29.99 a month. They told me to downgrade on my anniversary date June 23rd. Funny thing is were having a choice ultimate free trial till the 26th so my Choice Extra will run a few more days with a few more channels free for a bit more :)

Last edited:
If you end up switching to Family and confirm that you get Hub and Science let me know and I'll add them to the spreadsheet.

Everything was accurate as of the begining of the year, but they very well may have quietly added a couple to that package. With them not advertising it anymore it is tough to know when they change anything.

You can email them. They will send you a channel list. I have the Family Package now just so I can get locals. The selection is okay, but unfortunately the only news channel they offer is CNN Headline News.

Here it is as copied from my email:

The FAMILY package includes more than 50 channels suitable for viewers of all ages, including local channels (where available), for only $29.99 per month, our everyday low price.

I have listed below the channels that are included in the FAMILY package. You may want to print this email or keep it handy for your reference. Please visit directv.com/packages to find out what channels are included in the other packages that we offer.

Thanks again for writing.

204 Headline News
229 Home & Garden Television
230 DIY Network
231 Food Network
240 Home Shopping Network
275 QVC
276 National Geographic Channel
283 NASA TV
284 Science Channel, The
285 Investigation Discovery
290 Disney Channel (East)
291 Disney Channel (West)
292 Toon Disney
295 PBS KIDS Sprout
297 Boomerang
298 Noggin/The N
299 Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (East)
300 Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (West)
301 Nick Jr.
302 Nicktoons Network
303 Teen Nick
312 Hallmark Channel
316 ShopNBC
317 QVC
338 Gospel Music Channel
345 RFD TV
350 C-SPAN
351 C-SPAN 2
353 Bloomberg Television
362 The Weather Channel
364 Inspiration Network
365 GOD TV
366 Jewish Life Television
367 Jewelry Television Network
369 Daystar
370 EWTN
372 Trinity Broadcasting Network
373 Word Network
374 BYU TV
375 Link TV
376 NASA TV
377 TCT Network
378 NRB Network
379 RFD TV
440 V-ME
447 ONCE
448 Enlace Christian Television
449 HITN
826 SonicTap: The Spirit
827 SonicTap: Gospel Glory
855 SonicTap: Great Standards
867 SonicTap: Be-Tween
868 SonicTap: The Playground
2068 GEM NET
2138 MHz Worldview

Do we get the HUB or not? The girl at Direct yesterday said yes. I don't know? (May have to get it from H2H) I also heard that National Geographic isn't included. This I read on the web. Direct should really publish the real list.

I tried to enter in some of the numbers like 440, 447, 2138 now and my STB won't even tune to it. I also set the LNBF setup for a phase 3 and it still wouldn't. Would I gain anything by pointing something at 119? And what switch would I need to run two dishes at 2 birds any idea's. Ice would know that I bet. Also what is on 72.5? I have a phase 3 dish in storage and my neighbor wants to give me the phase 2 on his house and a powered switch he has in the basement left by the old owners. This stuff good for anything?

The channels in the 440's and Jewish Life TV are on 119
All Spanish channels but Univison and Galavision are on 119

The 2100 ones require a dish aimed at 95W (KU Band). They're "free" international channels

I also set the LNBF setup for a phase 3 and it still wouldn't.
The receiver needs to see 119 for the channels to populate
Would I gain anything by pointing something at 119?
with family? The channels in the 440's and JLTV (which you can probably get on C-Band...123W)
And what switch would I need to run two dishes at 2 birds any idea's. Ice would know that I bet.
stock 22K switch...same ones we use in FTA
0k side is 101
22k side is 119

Also what is on 72.5?
some smaller market locals but Directv is upgrading folks to the HD setups as those locals are also on 99W & 103W KA (the HD sats). Directv is vacating 72.5

I have a phase 3 dish in storage and my neighbor wants to give me the phase 2 on his house and a powered switch he has in the basement left by the old owners. This stuff good for anything?
They're basically the same thing. Since Directv doesnt use 110 anymore they get the same channels
Phase III has 4 outputs and a built in switch
Phase II has separate LNB's and requires an external switch

119 has Spanish channels, Hope & JLTV, and a few of the Sonic channels. But if you are switching to Family all you'd gain would be the 4 Spanish and JLTV

Ok thanks Ice. If I need Spanish I'll scan M1 & M2 Pas 9 and Brazilsat in DVB. Where is MHZ Worldview on Direct? It encrypted on 97. Do I need to point at 95 with one of my ku LNBF's?

yeah MHZ is on 95W KU. I'd try it but my setup (SWM Setup) which only has one line coming in going to 3 receivers so I can't just tap into the setup. You'd need the 22k switch.

If you want that, use the 22k switch with the 101 dish. 101 to 0k and 95 to 22k
If you use it with the Phase III you need a 6x8 multiswitch which would kinda be overkill for one receiver ;)

oh setup in sat setup would be 18" + 95W

just verified on a list of mine. Hope & JLTV are the only 2 English video channels (non locals) on 119

Not that I dont doubt the poster above with the list he posted, but there are some errors

283 NASA TV....channel not there. Its Nat Geo Wild...NASA is 289
297 Boomerang...channel is 298. 297 is Cartoon Network
298 Noggin/The N...channel dont exist....Boomerang is here
376 NASA TV...not there....religious channel there
379 RFD TV...not there...at 345
855 SonicTap: Great Standards...not in my guide...maybe on 119?

I'm still wondering if the Hub is included or not?. The Hub was Discovery Kids and was in the family pack before, and the CSR I spoke with said it was included. Since Direct has no official list on the Family package I will have to find out when it stays on or turns off on me when I downgrade. It's BS that a full true list of ALL packages Direct offers isn't on their site. I know the package is their least expensive but not posting it and Select is like Direct is trying to hide something. :(

lots of companies do that
Dish does it with their Welcome and Family pack
Bell does it with some packages depending on province you live in
Cable companies do it

These are "save" techniques. I'm on a Sprint cell phone package that is unadvertised ;)

well using the archive.org site the closest I can get to current and it shows the Family is from 2 years ago...July 09. Here is what the list showed then
FAMILY package

BYU TV 374
Bloomberg Television 353
Boomerang† 298
C-SPAN 350
C-SPAN2 351
DIY Network† 230
Daystar 369
Discovery Kids 294
Disney Channel (East)* 290
Disney Channel (West) 291
EWTN 370
FitTV 261
Food Network * 231
GOD TV 365
GemsTV 233
Gospel Music Channel 338
HITN-TV* 438
Hallmark Channel 312
Headline News 204
Home & Garden Television * 229
Home Shopping Network 240
Link TV 375
NASA TV 376
NRB 378
National Geographic Channel *† 276
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (East)* 299
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (West) 300
Nicktoons Network† 302
Noggin 301
ONCE México *† 415
PBS Kids Sprout† 295
QVC 317
RFD-TV 379
Science Channel *† 284
ShopNBC 316
TCT Network 377
The N 303
The Weather Channel * 362
The Word 373
Toon Disney* 292
Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) 372
V-me 440
World Harvest Television 367
XM: Kids Place Live† 868
XM: Praise 827
XM: Radio Disney† 867
XM: The Message 826

obviously XM isnt there but Discovery Kids is (which is now the Hub)

so I ran a spreadsheet between the 3 "known" variances of them
A list from July 09
the post above by KA3
the pdf from Jason back in January

the variances are in bold. some of the religious channels might not have been around in 09 on D* ;)

the known differences are Discovery Fit, The Hub, Investigate Discovery, and Science

Attachments

• family.xls
    11.7 KB · Views: 84
Not that I dont doubt the poster above with the list he posted, but there are some errors

283 NASA TV....channel not there. Its Nat Geo Wild...NASA is 289
297 Boomerang...channel is 298. 297 is Cartoon Network
298 Noggin/The N...channel dont exist....Boomerang is here
376 NASA TV...not there....religious channel there
379 RFD TV...not there...at 345
855 SonicTap: Great Standards...not in my guide...maybe on 119?

SonicTap Ch 855 is on the 119. There are several but I can't find the list on my PC.
Ch 852 is another one that's on 119. I checked with my D11 box.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts