New install questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Will be getting a new install soon and have a couple of questions,
To run the cable it will involve going into the crawl space, is that extra, if so how much?
Plan to have wireless clients, does my router need to be a certain distance away from the genie?
I want a pole mount, is that extra, if so how much? There is a pole with an old oval dish network on it but doesn't seem sturdy, and unsure of the diameter. May be able to replace pole and reuse cable?
Thanks

Pretty much all your questions are dependent of the installer you get.

As for the pole mount, some charge, some don't ... fwiw, the pole needs to be 2" OD.

Your pole will not work and needs to be replaced.. Jimbo had the dimensions correct. It is an additional 75.00 including 20' of wire with 1/ft extra for additional wire. All plus tax. The installer has the right not to charge you but then he is not paid for the labor. Be prepared to offer cash if you want it done cheaper. The crawl shouldn't be an extra fee unless the line can be run externally. Usually any labor that will reasonably require more effort on the installers part will be at an additional charge. Directv basic install includes a dish on your roof and holes through your walls or floors depending on accessibility.

It also depends on how much you are willing to do yourself. If your installer finds RG6 already running from where you want the dish to where you want the connection(s) they may just use that. I made sure that I had RG6 going to each place I wanted a receiver and even had them all meet in the attic where I wanted a splitter. My installer just asked to replace the line from the dish to the splitter with his solid copper core coax. He had no problem using the other RG6 I had installed. Let them do all the terminations.

Just a thought if you specifically want a particular configuration.

Every situation is different. Sometimes its easier to run it underneath, sometimes its easier to run it from the outside in. Its supposed to be one hole drilled to reach destination in each room under basic installation I believe which is why most of the time you will find holes drilled through the side instead of underneath. I usually try to go underneath anyways and usually include that with my installs but charge extra for the pole.

Your pole will not work and needs to be replaced.. Jimbo had the dimensions correct. It is an additional 75.00 including 20' of wire with 1/ft extra for additional wire. All plus tax. The installer has the right not to charge you but then he is not paid for the labor. Be prepared to offer cash if you want it done cheaper. The crawl shouldn't be an extra fee unless the line can be run externally. Usually any labor that will reasonably require more effort on the installers part will be at an additional charge. Directv basic install includes a dish on your roof and holes through your walls or floors depending on accessibility.

No charge for nonstandard labor in O/O markets.

The chances of anyone living in o n o is pretty slim.. not to mention there are olis for custom labor and omg can take payments for certain items.. so I respectfully disagree with your statement but I could be wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)