New install today.........HR20 remote won't work regularly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

livinglighthouse@yahoo.co

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I'm ready to throw it out the window. All the other DVR's remotes work fine, but the HR20 remote keeps freezing up.

Everything, guide, channels, #'s, they all freeze up. I push lightly, hard.........doesn't matter.

I'm happy with the rest of my install, but I can't handle this remote. Suggestions............quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys
Rachel

It was set to RF, and they said the other remotes wouldn't work on my HD receiver.........the others are just regular DVR's.

Well I got the remote to work.......but you have to point it toward the ceiling vs. toward the receiver, so I'm thinking its the radio frequency/line of sight issue.......but it is working.

Of course, now my DVR in the bedroom isn't working, so when they come to replace the multi-switch today hopefully they will fix that as well.

I guess it could be worse....

I'm quite happy with my HD channels and the oeverall process.

I had an issue once to where I had a remote that would not work, I noticed when I turned the light out it worked fine, when it was on it was real spotty. I had one of those energy efficient lights almost flourescent. You might want to check that. Just a thought.

Well, I have to say I am VERY pleased with D* so far. They sent someone out first thing this morning to replace my multi-switch and corrected my DVR problem and they switched my remote to IF and that fixed the problem.............

So far I am VERY happy with D* over my experience with DISH. Glad I made the switch.

Not to mention I'm watching King Kong in HD and its awesome!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)