New install tomorrow

skokie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
calif
After about a 2 year absence from Dish I have decided to come back. I have had Uverse for the last 2 years but it needs some work :D. My install date is 5/18/12 8am-12pm. I ordered the hopper and 3 joeys to cover all 4 tvs in the house. I have heard that there are some issue with the hopper but it depends on what version of swf you are running. Can someone tell me what is the best swf version of hopper and joey to have? Also can the install tech push a swf download or is that done automatically? Another question I have is about satellite mounting. I do not want the dish mounted to the house itself. Since I have a flat roof is it possible the installer to provide a stand or do I need to?

Thanks

Brad

During your install, the box will download to the latest software. After that, the box automatically downloads on its' own. I would expect you'll be on s211/s263.

I'll leave the satellite mounting question for an expert....

if you have flat root, they can use non pen mount, which goes on your roof with rubber mat and 6+ blocks or polemount in the yard.. all this is free of charge...

The tech arrived at 930 and left 10 mins ago aka 13:00 PT. There are few things I need to tweak but 98% of everything is working fine. The tech said that the joeys setup quick as well as the hopper. So far so good. Just so happens the tech lives 1 mile down the road from me and gave me his cell and said call me if anything happens. Other than that all is well but I do have a question. Is is possible for the remote to turn on and off all devices when you push the power button?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)