New install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
My sister finially took my advise and got DirecTV installed tonight. She is unhappy with how the dish is installed. What do you guys think?

1530fow.png

To me looks like you can't put it on the roof due to the tiles. Guessing this was the front of the house, is there line of site anywhere else on the house or was this it? If she wanted to pay extra guess she could have asked for a pole mount if the LOS was OK that way.

The whole back would have been open. By the looks of it there are 2 lines coming from the LNB too. She got 1 SD IRD and 1 HD DVR. I would have thought that SWM would have been used. This is out in Las Vegas though. I am in Wisconsin.

The whole back would have been open. By the looks of it there are 2 lines coming from the LNB too. She got 1 SD IRD and 1 HD DVR. I would have thought that SWM would have been used. This is out in Las Vegas though. I am in Wisconsin.

I would have them come back mainly because of the single line to the DVR, kind of limits its usefulness. Maybe at that time could ask abut the pole mount change, but as I said she'd probably need to pay for it herself.

I talked to her and told her that the install is fine. I also found out that she has SWM. 1 of the lines is for their cable internet connection I guess. All the IRD's are working as they should.

She thinks the dish is ugly. I told her it was beautiful

I can't believe how hard it is though to get a referal credit after the install was done though. They wouldn't give my sister anything but, gave me free HD Access for a year since I am a valued customer.

She tied to call me when she scheduled on Tuesday but, couldn't get a hold of me so she made the appointment for today.

We called DTV before the installer arrived today, they set up a new install order and we thought we were all good.

Then when the installer came today they activated off of the other install from Tuesdays call.

Now retenstions said they simply can't do anything on her account for the $100 referal that she missed out on. They said the system simply won't allow any credits to be applied to the new account. Sucks for her. I feel bad since it really was a referal. I have been pushing her to get DirecTV for years. I ended up coming out $120 ahead

Give her $60 since you're ahead $120. You would have split the $200, so split the $120.

My dish is on my roof and I think it's ugly too. Looks like a giant mushroom. My wife doesn't seem to mind it. I guess some people like the looks and some don't.

I can't believe how hard it is though to get a referal credit after the install was done though. They wouldn't give my sister anything but, gave me free HD Access for a year since I am a valued customer.

She tied to call me when she scheduled on Tuesday but, couldn't get a hold of me so she made the appointment for today.

We called DTV before the installer arrived today, they set up a new install order and we thought we were all good.

Then when the installer came today they activated off of the other install from Tuesdays call.

Now retenstions said they simply can't do anything on her account for the $100 referal that she missed out on. They said the system simply won't allow any credits to be applied to the new account. Sucks for her. I feel bad since it really was a referal. I have been pushing her to get DirecTV for years. I ended up coming out $120 ahead

There is a "Special" number you need to call in order to get a referral done, and of course you have to call ahead of time ....

Try going the email route and see if they can do anything for her, or maybe you can call for her, make sure you have her account number ... your a sub in good standing and let them know that she would not be with them had you not referred her.
Call that Special Number see what they can do.
Just have to talk to the right people, if you get high enough they can do anything.

Jimbo

DIRECTV referral offer

Let the savings begin

Now you can get $100 off your DIRECTV bill for every friend who orders DIRECTV service. Your friends will also get $100 each, on top of our current new customer offer. Not to mention, they'll start enjoying the ultimate TV experience that only DIRECTV can deliver.
How it works

You refer your friends to DIRECTV and give them your DIRECTV account number.

You receive $100 in bill credits for each friend who activates DIRECTV service.

Your friends also receive $100 in bill credits.
What to do

Refer your friends to DIRECTV with an email.

Give them your DIRECTV account number and tell them to order online at directv.com/refer or by calling 1-800-507-4045. They must have your DIRECTV account number when they order. Where is my account number?
You can find your account number on your monthly DIRECTV bill or by logging in to directv.com

Receive $100 in bill credits for each friend who activates DIRECTV service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts