New install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
My father had a new dish installed today since he has now joined the HD world. I have not been over to check out the installation but he is unable to receive some channels. I asked him if it was a single coax or dual going into the receiver. He said there where two. He has an HR23. He gets 207 but not 206. He gets 247 but not 245. He also says when he goes to the music channels (237 as an example) it says he has to pay for it. It never said that before. Does this sound like an authorization issue?

My father had a new dish installed today since he has now joined the HD world. I have not been over to check out the installation but he is unable to receive some channels. I asked him if it was a single coax or dual going into the receiver. He said there where two. He has an HR23. He gets 207 but not 206. He gets 247 but not 245. He also says when he goes to the music channels (237 as an example) it says he has to pay for it. It never said that before. Does this sound like an authorization issue?

By unable to receive, do they not come in, is there a message when he goes to the channel ?
Did they come in prior to the install (dish swap) sounds like he had service before.

What package does he have ?

Yes, it does sound like it is an authorization issue, provided he has good signal strength.

Has he called D* back yet ?

Just an update. He had a bad piece of coax from the basement to the receiver. All is well now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)