New installation - no signal quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

redland23

Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and FTA.
I am trying to setup my new FTA system without any luck so far. I am starting to think something is wrong with my equipment.
My position: 56 N
111 W
Hardware:
Winegard 1m dish
Invacom Quad LNB
Stab 100 HH motor
Pansat 3500SD
Dish installed on a 100% plumb pole
I have a starchoice system a few meters away with a signal quality of 94.
I tried to find my true south sattelite (anik F2) - no quality.
Moved the dish around between 20 and 30 deg elevation, to look for other satellites - no quality
Hooked receiver to starchoice dish- no quality.
Can anyone help ?

Don't give up! I am new to giving help, but I have received LOTS of it :) I know it is recommended that you bypass the motor initally. Find a sat or 2 and scan them in before attempting to set up the motor.

redland23 said:
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and FTA.
I am trying to setup my new FTA system without any luck so far. I am starting to think something is wrong with my equipment.
My position: 56 N
111 W
Hardware:
Winegard 1m dish
Invacom Quad LNB
Stab 100 HH motor
Pansat 3500SD
Dish installed on a 100% plumb pole
I have a starchoice system a few meters away with a signal quality of 94.
I tried to find my true south sattelite (anik F2) - no quality.
It is hard to find f2 since most of the signals on that sat are not DVB compliant.
Moved the dish around between 20 and 30 deg elevation, to look for other satellites - no quality
Hooked receiver to starchoice dish- no quality.
Can anyone help ?
Is your starchoice dish pointed at f2? If so try doing a blindscan with the reciever hooked up to the starchoice dish. You might hit an active transponder there that you can then use to get your FTA dish aimed. Right now my FTA reciever is not hooked up to my BUD, so i cant tell you what an active transponder is for f2, sorry.

We always tell people with motorized systems to find your true south without the motor, then add the motor in. Makes life a little easier once you have found your true south sat ;)

Last edited:
Since you have a quad, you could try to hit Dish Network 110 for the heck of it. Recheck all of your menus and make sure settings are correct. If you are getting a no signal at all (level or quality) it could be the LNB. As already mentioned, take the switch out of the loop until you figure it out.

Check everything-screens like this have to be just right, except with the proper information for your setup of course.

Attachments

• Installation-Antenna Setup-after.jpg
    Installation-Antenna Setup-after.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 220
Ok, just did a search of the forums. Last month there was an active transponder at:
11860 freq
V polarity
10000 symbol rate
Not sure if it is still there yet. As Tracy says, you can also try hitting 110 to test your equipment.

Since 110 is so close to your true south you should be able to use it as a true south. After you have everything setup and you have a signal, tell your reciever to move the dish to another sat using USALS. After the motor has moved the dish, you can then loosen up the motor mounts on the pole, and then move the whole motor assemly left/ right until you have maximum signal quality.

drhydro said:
Ok, just did a search of the forums. Last month there was an active transponder at:
11860 freq
V polarity
10000 symbol rate
Not sure if it is still there yet.

yep its still there...its a data trnasponder so there wont be any channels but it gives signal (strong signal) to get you tuned in :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts