New Installation - Satellite + Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You need two cables to come off the LNB and connect to ports 1 and 2 on the Node. Then a cable from the Host to your Hopper. The client cable goes to your Joey and can be split if needed.

There should not be a cable from the LNB connecting to the Host.

yes, you are right... Host goes to Hopper...

But from the LNB to the Node does it matter which outputs I use? LNB has 3 outputs and node only 2...
If i still receive the node not detected,... I guess I have to change nodes...
thanks for the help

I believe you should start from left to right. The first on the left would go to port 1 and then the second to port 2.

It is a 1k2 EA, same one we use here.

I have to start with the basic questions, is your dish pointed correctly? If not, that may be why it says node not detected. Theoretically, it should still recognize it though.

Just to clarify everything:
1. Point dish
2. Connect ports 1 and 2 on LNB to ports 1 and 2 on node (left side).
3. Connect coax (3ghz rated) from host port on node (bottom right) to satellite in on hopper (on back, left side, not green).
4. Plug in the Hopper. Shouldn't have any issues restarting setup.

Not talking like you don't know anything, just want to be thorough. Still not sure why you want EA in Washington.

I do appreciate it. That is what I needed.

I need Eastern Arc is because we can only install the antenna in a particular area of the townhouse, and 119 and 110 are blocked from that side but 72 and 67 are accessible.

It does matter which ports you use, in so much as it is always best to use ports in numerical order since port 1 powers the whole switch

Sorry, but that's not correct. It doesn't matter which LNB port you use, at least it hasn't mattered to us for the last thousand or so dishes we've put up.

In fact, we purposely hook up the dual wire that goes into the house to ports 2 and 3 of a 1000.4 so we can put a switch in the basement if necessary in the future to have 61.5 and 72. Port 1 is 77 on a 1000.4 which is no longer needed around here.

LNB ports are individually powered. Maybe you're thinking of a DPP44 which is powered by port 1.

No I know what I'm thinking of. Outside of what you have been doing, have you ever actually read the instructions for installing a dish? Outside of the instructions that come with the dish, DNS training says to use ports 1 and 2. Or are you not DNS?

Also, are you really having to install DPP44's that often?

No I know what I'm thinking of. Outside of what you have been doing, have you ever actually read the instructions for installing a dish? Outside of the instructions that come with the dish, DNS training says to use ports 1 and 2. Or are you not DNS?

Not to drag this thread off topic, but I just went threw the entire list of job aids supplied by dish network to internal iinstallers and nowhere in any of them can I find it states that it is mandatory or even recommended to use port 1 and 2 on an lnb. Can you point me in the direction of documentation that backs up your claim? Because there really is nothing logical that I can think of that it makes it mandatory for needing to use the 1st port of an lnb since they all do the same thing.

Like Dishman said above, and...

Thank God no, I am not DNS. There are no DNS around here, only a third rate RSP that is a joke. We are an independent retailer for the last 29 years, but we get the same docs and job aids and AFAIK there are no instructions or job aids that confirm what you are saying.

Next time you install a 1000.2 dish just connect your meter to a port other than #1 and watch it work exactly the same way as #1. I don't know why you chose to do battle over this because it's so simple, all the ports work the same.

So to answer the OP's question AGAIN, there's no difference you can use any two ports on your 1000.2 LNBF.

The only instruction I found was for the 1000.4 eastern arc and that said to connect the meter to the 2nd port and rough.point it to the 72.7 on page 7 of the installation reference handbook. But nothing for the 1000.2

ForumRunner_20131005_181713.png

Ok, how could I argue with a sub that has been installing longer than Echostar. Anyways, what's it matter now. Just seemed to make sense numerically, you know 1 coming before 2. I guess once I've been installing 23 more years I'll put my opinion forward again.