Unlock free on DEMAND movies?

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Isn't there a way on a VIP722k to keep the free "Blockbuster on demand" movies unlocked, even while leaving the PPV's and purchase on demand locked?

I know I did this somehow on my old VIP622, but can't figure out how for the 722k?

Last edited:
I had Dish zero out the PPV credit limit (or some similar language) on my account when they moved PPV down to channel 1 and started charging me for stuff I never ordered. Dish never should have duplicated PPV onto channel 1 in the first place. It was fine on channel 500 where it was, and still is today. I never had an illicit charge before they bungled that change.

I can still access free stuff no problem.

Well, what I ended up doing for now, is I unlocked PPV, so the free "On Demand" stuff through the DVR button would be usable by the rest of the family. Then, I hid channel 1, and the various 500's.

That works.

But they would still be able to order from the VOD screen. So make sure they know only to "buy" the free stuff.

Dish never should have duplicated PPV onto channel 1 in the first place. It was fine on channel 500 where it was, and still is today. I never had an illicit charge before they bungled that change.
Seems as though them moving it to channel 1 position is doing exactly what they want. Although you caught it, we all know there are MANY customers who do NOT catch it and pay extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)